Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbing done by a non plumber

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    Sounds like a third world country. Remind never to move there!
    Hey Service Guy! I don't live a third world country, I live in the mighty USA just as you do. My town has been voted one of the best communities in the USA. Is it really so bad that we don't have inspections in the county? Remember we do have city building inspectors for city jurisdiction. I'm sure I am not the only plumber on this forum that lives in a place that does not have a COUNTY INSPECTOR. I sure don't mind it at all. Save alot bull**** you have to put up with inspectors. I do my work according to code with or without inspections.

Comment

Confession time again......

I have made a mess before with the blue glue.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Confession time again......

I have made a mess before with the blue glue.

J.C.
        I have had some too close calls.With both A.B.S. and blue.I have not had to buy a paint job or cabinets.A guy backed over a pint of closed blue an popped it on a colored,stamped concrete drive,I sprayed water on it immediately and we started scubbing and picking.I've spilled ABS on carpet,cut and feathered with acetone forever.I didn't tell anyone,nobody complained.

Saddest one was turning to greet my helper only to see a proud smile from a job well done and a can of pipe wrap primer under his arm whose lid fell off.Perfect trail down the once again stamped concrete drive of the ready to open model of the tract I was running.This one had to be replaced.Thank goodness it had a grid that we could cut out instead of the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
          Hey Service Guy! I don't live a third world country, I live in the mighty USA just as you do. My town has been voted one of the best communities in the USA. Is it really so bad that we don't have inspections in the county? Remember we do have city building inspectors for city jurisdiction. I'm sure I am not the only plumber on this forum that lives in a place that does not have a COUNTY INSPECTOR. I sure don't mind it at all. Save alot bull**** you have to put up with inspectors. I do my work according to code with or without inspections.
          I am sure you do great work judging by the pride you have in your work. But there since there are no inspections in your town, anyone can do anything and there is no reason to follow any codes. So I really wouldn't want to practice plumbing in such an environment. Here, permits are required for virtually all plumbing work and yet even then, there are still tons of hacks getting away with bad unpermitted work. I imagine it would be even worse if inspections weren't required by law.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
          X