Toyota Loses Money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Loses Money

Toyota Motor Company is reporting it's first loss in 70 years. Noone is immune to the correction.

Now wait 'til the non sub-prime loans start to go in default. Gonna' happen.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-22-2008, 10:35 PM.

Re: Toyota Loses Money

It'll happen but I'd bet that toyota will look inward and restructure itself and easily recover from this.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If Ford recovered enough to not need the bailout money, then Toyota probably can as well.

When Ford turned down the money, there should have definitely been no deal.

You either sink together or swim together....

GM and Chrysler will be looking for more money in March or April.....or sooner.......
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I think reorganizing to cut the fat and stay competitive is admirable and always a good business practice. I am concerned that aside from these efforts, the many reasons sales are down across the board must also be addressed. This past weekend I watched a local cable program with some politicians from my area discussing the economic crisis facing the state and towns. They agreed that no stone would be left unturned and everything would be open for discussion in order to reduce spending. Good news to see these people working together and I'm sure the same thing is happening in most states and cities. I still think that while tightening our belts is a good first step, we need to figure out how to get to the root of the problems (and they are many) that will ultimately get us strong and financially secure.

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
          If Ford recovered enough to not need the bailout money, then Toyota probably can as well.

When Ford turned down the money, there should have definitely been no deal.

You either sink together or swim together....

GM and Chrysler will be looking for more money in March or April.....or sooner.......
          But Ford didn't recover at all, they just had a bigger piggy bank to draw money out of. They are getting by on savings right now, which the other two didn't have much of, only a couple weeks worth to listen to them begging in DC last week. That's why GM and Chrysler have been forced to take the deal with Washington which I feel will be in the end their undoing, even if it helps them survive now.

While I don't want to see the US auto makers go under, I blame only them for the situation they are in. If they had read the handwriting on the walls back in the 70s, they would have been better aligned to weather the current storm because they would have transitioned to building more fuel efficient vehicles and developed the technologies (such as better storage batteries) required to make them reality sooner.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I think reorganizing to cut the fat and stay competitive is admirable and always a good business practice. I am concerned that aside from these efforts, the many reasons sales are down across the board must also be addressed. This past weekend I watched a local cable program with some politicians from my area discussing the economic crisis facing the state and towns. They agreed that no stone would be left unturned and everything would be open for discussion in order to reduce spending. Good news to see these people working together and I'm sure the same thing is happening in most states and cities. I still think that while tightening our belts is a good first step, we need to figure out how to get to the root of the problems (and they are many) that will ultimately get us strong and financially secure.
            I agree our local gevernments could do a lot to reduce spending and thereby taxes. In NJ, which is a "home rule" state, you have so much duplication of services its crazy. All the local fire departments, and ambulance squads, a Board of Ed in every town, its nuts. These kind of agencies should be at the county level. Then for instance in my county you would be paying only one or two fire chiefs instead of one for each municipality. Same for the Board of Ed. and Code Enforcement, and police, etc.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              I agree our local gevernments could do a lot to reduce spending and thereby taxes. In NJ, which is a "home rule" state, you have so much duplication of services its crazy. All the local fire departments, and ambulance squads, a Board of Ed in every town, its nuts. These kind of agencies should be at the county level. Then for instance in my county you would be paying only one or two fire chiefs instead of one for each municipality. Same for the Board of Ed. and Code Enforcement, and police, etc.
              I'm with you on the fire departments; also police departments. But I don't want to combine school districts. I'm selfish and don't want to share our nuke plant. Also, different communities have different economic make ups and it would certainly reduce housing values; so there is no way the good districts would agree to merge.

Comment

Working...
              X