Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry...

Merry Christmas to the Forum Folks.

Hope you all are able to spend some time with friends, family, or both. Even the ones that get on your nerves. We all have them.

Stop a second and appreciate everything.

J.C.

Re: Merry...

I've been working like a madman. Tonight I turned my voicemail on, explaining that I am closed and only leave a message if you have an extreme emergency. Then I turned the ringer off. I get voicemails only. Hopefully most people will hang up when they hear the voice-mail message. I need a break with my family.
    Merry Christmas folks!
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Merry Christmas to you and your family J.C.
      And yes thank-you for reminding us every family has one.
      And ours is a Beloved Rick.

Comment

Happy Harmonica....

Happy Festivus..(I'm hoping to win the feats of strength.....)

This year, don't be a turkey, eat one instead.......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy Kawanza!

Merry Channakkuah!
          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-24-2008, 12:35 PM.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Merry CHRISTmas everyone. Lets remember the reason for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
              Amen

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
                Baby Jesus! In my wife's country of Czech Republic they don't have "santa clause". They have a different tradition they tell the little kids. On christmas eve, when the first star appears, baby jesus himself supposedly comes and brings presents and puts them under the tree. I like this one a little better than the santa myth. We are thinking to bring up my daughter with this. At least baby jesus is involved instead of an obese guy in a red sweater.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  Baby Jesus! In my wife's country of Czech Republic they don't have "santa clause". They have a different tradition they tell the little kids. On christmas eve, when the first star appears, baby jesus himself supposedly comes and brings presents and puts them under the tree. I like this one a little better than the santa myth. We are thinking to bring up my daughter with this. At least baby jesus is involved instead of an obese guy in a red sweater.
                  I've decided that Santa doesn't wear red or drive a sleigh, but wears brown and drives a big brown truck.

My wife and it seems pretty much everyone else I know from the Soviet Union has had Christmas beaten out of them. Instead they have a New Years tree and give New Year's presents. I just can't get into it, since I just think of New Years as an excuse to get drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    I like this one a little better than the santa myth. We are thinking to bring up my daughter with this. At least baby jesus is involved instead of an obese guy in a red sweater.
                    Actually, it could be argued that Santa is not just a myth. Some might even make a good case for baby Jesus being more of a myth than Santa ever was. The tradition originates from Saint Nicholas, a historic figure. Historicity of Jesus (as presented in the New Testament) is still debated.

Where the confusion and myths start are the dates of the present giving and the mixture of German pre-Christian tradition.

St. Nicks's day is properly celebrated on Dec 6th, as per Catholic tradition and in some countries this is a day when children get their presents (placed under pillows, or under their beds). The Santa of Dec 24th is really the Germanic god Odin. later somewhat "christianized" into Santa. The influence of this Odin fella is so strong that even where Dec 6th is traditionally celebrated, presents are also given on Dec 24th or 25th. As a kid I loved that

Merry Christmas All.
                    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.

I also want to say Thank You to all of our Armed service members past and present. Your sacrifice has allowed us to enjoy this great country, may god watch over you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                        I've decided that Santa doesn't wear red or drive a sleigh, but wears brown and drives a big brown truck.

My wife and it seems pretty much everyone else I know from the Soviet Union has had Christmas beaten out of them. Instead they have a New Years tree and give New Year's presents. I just can't get into it, since I just think of New Years as an excuse to get drunk.
                        WHAAATTTTT?????!!!

You need an excuse???
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Regardless of how the Traditions got started,

I hope you all a Blessed Christmas, and that it may Bring or be a Joy in your heart and soul that will refresh and guide you for the next year.
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                            I just can't get into it, since I just think of New Years as an excuse to get drunk.
                            If your wife is Russian indeed then she will know that no occasion is the best occasion for that

Merry Christmas and C Новым Годом
                            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Always refreshing to visit this Forum and exchange greetings for a Merry Christmas. It's Christmas, not happy holidays I want to hear and see. I want to see signs of Christmas on homes, buildings and government offices as well. Our country was founded by christians with christian principles, it is our history and I don't want it lost to some athiestists! Oh, and Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                              X