Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas CASH!

Temptation got the best of me.

Got a local call for a water line leak at the wall where it comes in.

Get there, I know what it is, groundwater seeping through the wall. Had to cut the ground clamp off that was completely corroded on and sure enough, water coming out of the wall.

I shut the water off at the meter and the main shutoff to prove that it was a groundwater leak.

$200 and a box of alcohol flavored chocolate candies. I saw these at the store and their like $30 !!!!

Had a couple hours in the job total, more of it was talking than working.

I'm off to be Santa and deliver the last of my gift certificates and some Hanky Panky to my favorite elderly customers for Christmas.

Part of me wants to stay home and relax, get drunk on chocolate candy though.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Christmas CASH!

i got homemade buttermilk waffles from a customer this morning

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i got homemade buttermilk waffles from a customer this morning

rick.
      MMMMMMmmmmmm dude that just made me soooooo Hungry
      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

mmm yum that does sound deelicious!

I'm actually getting a buzz right now eating these candies with alcohol in it.

I'm not responsible for anything I type tonight, until I pass out.

Comment

Berry Lemas BlunAr.(have a good time Dunbar).Good Night.
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            mmm yum that does sound deelicious!

I'm actually getting a buzz right now eating these candies with alcohol in it.

I'm not responsible for anything I type tonight, until I pass out.
            my tammy made the most awsome short bread cookies i've ever tasted.

got me a keeper.

Vince

i've been trying to get a mental image of you. it scaries me.

merry Christmas dunbar

Comment

I'm off to be Santa and deliver the last of my gift certificates and some Hanky Panky to my favorite elderly customers for Christmas.

You're a good man. I'm sure that's why they call you and no one else.

Merry Christmas,
              Ern

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3f8849ad2a246423e81c74fd247665a5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	9273

Name:	89bb4ad969cce5d92fc994f361cadac7.jpg
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	9274

It's YUM YUM time again! This has been pretty cool in the last 24 hours. Customers are giving me candy and treats, snacks.

This happened to me tonight, and this will tug at the heart strings...

Lady called me tonight for an emergency kitchen sink clog and she was terrified of having someone in her home after hours. Anyway I get there, get the drain unclogged and get it flowing again.

It turns out this woman was married to a well known plumber in another part of town, was actually famous.

Would you believe, that since his passing almost 15 years ago that she has had countless bad experiences with plumbers. Not all of them, but the majority.

So the first thing I considered was the fact she might be driving the hard line, thinking she's difficult.

Then she started to describe...and showed me what she had done and receipts.

I swear....I know some of the plumbing companies she dealt with and I already knew what she was saying was correct. It seems like the most damage is done to the reputation of a plumber by they themselves....sad.

I told her that before I came out that I wouldn't charge for emergency rates. Everything I said, I did. I also found a gas leak while I was there and recommended she call the utility company.

Out of niceness and hearing what woman was saying was disheartening to me and the trade, that so many would take a liking to do so much wrong and charge right along with it thinking it was okay to do so.

I play santa this time of the year every year and I went out to the truck and gave this woman a small little square box of candies, wrapped up neatly.

This woman started to cry, thinking the holy ghost just walked into her home and blessed her with someone she can finally trust, and is honest.

My simple gesture went miles in her book, instead of the unkind greed she's been grazed over by the profession her husband represented and raised their family by.

I would rather not have to tell of one woman's hardship to have something as a gift a candy bring a reality to her that not all plumbers are evil-doers.

My goal is to go down in history of this profession being known as someone that didn't make a bad impression in the goals of success, creating victims along the way.

Being honest is a very good start. You can gain a ton of respect by doing what you say and say what you do, but don't victimize people just because the dollar signs stand in the way of clear and concise thinking.

Merry Christmas to those who keep this profession on a solid front regarding the belief that strength in honor far outweighs strength by numbers.

Comment

dunbar, we speak the same gospel good job

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I was treated to a last minute service call right before punching out. Had to admit, I received quite a light show watching a customer's electrical outlet arc, spark, and melt while doing it.

In the end, I was given a handshake. BUT! Bossman did get us new Corhart winter jackets.

Comment

Dunbar I applaud you. I live by the same rules. I do things to the absolute best of my ability and I try to improve my ability any time I can.

By the way all I got from my customers today was Sht.
                      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                        Dunbar I applaud you. I live by the same rules. I do things to the absolute best of my ability and I try to improve my ability any time I can.

By the way all I got from my customers today was Sht.

Yeah.....but that **** was in turn, GREEN!

Here's my last little gift I got today. Guaranteed to make a sweet toof out of anyone.

Name:	2ff857318cb81e5de77ec5698aa761ba.jpg
Size:	484.3 KB
ID:	9275

Comment

Yeah.....but that **** was in turn, GREEN!

Here's my last little gift I got today. Guaranteed to make a sweet toof out of anyone.

Name:	2ff857318cb81e5de77ec5698aa761ba.jpg
Size:	484.3 KB
ID:	9275
                          Some of it was green already!

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                            Some of it was green already!

I almost puked when you wrote that. I've seen that before and repressed memory can't erase that. I'm takin' it to the grave, I suppose.

Comment

Sorry to bring up old memories.

Comment

Working...
                              X