X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freight salvage

My wife and I are headed to S. L. UT. to check stock at a freight salvage warehouse. There's always something interesting to find.

Re: Freight salvage

Oh cool

Lets us know what you do find when you get back

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
      My wife and I are headed to S. L. UT. to check stock at a freight salvage warehouse. There's always something interesting to find.
      I have a daughter who lives in Salt Lake but she is here visiting for Christmas. I once bought a 16' MirrorCraft fishing boat at a freight salvage place here in Los Angeles. I got a great deal on it because the console had been damaged. I figured I could repair it but when I got home I called the manufacturer and found out the color was old stock (last years color). Lucky for me they had a NOS sitting around collecting dust and I bought it for pennies on the dollar.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I have a daughter who lives in Salt Lake but she is here visiting for Christmas. I once bought a 16' MirrorCraft fishing boat at a freight salvage place here in Los Angeles. I got a great deal on it because the console had been damaged. I figured I could repair it but when I got home I called the manufacturer and found out the color was old stock (last years color). Lucky for me they had a NOS sitting around collecting dust and I bought it for pennies on the dollar.

Mark
        Color would be the last thing of importance to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mapdude View Post
          Color would be the last thing of importance to me.
          Yes but with three different colors of paint and one color for the carpet it was nice to buy the right color, $600 console for $150.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It was a good run.

2 Wilton 612 bar clamps 24.00 a piece
            Ridgid 103 tube cutter 5.00
            12" mill file 1.00
            4 rolls 10 mil tape 6.00

Comment

Here's the take !
              Attached Files

Comment

1/2" propress B. V., 1" propress B. V., 4' demo bar(The Wrecker made by Fulton), Rigid 14" steel pipe wrench(under a buck an inch) Nicholson pipeliner, moving blanket, washing machine hoses x 2.

I couldn't pass up the B. V. now that I can press. I can spin a 2" fitting with it on the 535. (I'm either chroming it or replacing the one I've got.) The moving blanket makes a good drop cloth. The washing machine hoses, 10 footers btw, I'll use for purging air in mech. systems. All for under $60.
                Attached Files

Comment

It was good run. New torch for a hundred. They did have some more propress 2" non-stop coups. for 9.00$ . A coupple 3" tees for 15.00$ a piece.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i'd buy that stock and resell on ebay
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Had a good one Mon. 28th, a couple dozen or more Stanley 25s, rotary rasp, tip cleaner. Tapes were 6 bucks a piece plus 35% off. Went out put them in the car and went back for some more, by that time they were all gone. The funny you have to realize is the people that are there. Tinkerers, garage machinists, illegal immigrants, bargain hunters, shop owners and they give you your stuff in these fufu bags. LOL
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X