X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my filter plate?

Our shop vac has been apart awaiting a new filter for a couple weeks, today we brought 2 new home and the filter plate is no where to be found. Hubby can't remember with certainty if it is part of the full vac (it does not appear in the parts diagram for the vac itself) or if it comes with the filter. These filters purchased today do not have filter plates.

Anybody out there know?

Re: Where is my filter plate?

Don't really have a answer for you, but if you are describing what I think you are they don't come with the filter. You'll have to find yours, order a new one, or create one out of something. I mostly use mine for water, and I just run mine without the filter as they suck better that way. I generally wreck them in other ways before I destroy them from no filter.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

That's what I was trying to determine before heading back to the very crowded HD. Filter plate is the only part not listed on the diagram with owner's manual (I'm a geek and read and keep them for everything). Customer Service is of course closed today, so I haven't figured out yet how to order one but that's my next mission. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Is this (the filter plate) the piece that holds the filter on? You might try Sears and see if they sell the plate alone. But you could easily fabricate something on your own as Ace Sewer said. Take a filter with you so you can size the plate and make sure it will work for you.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X