Plastic Double Sided Organizer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Double Sided Organizer

Has anyone seen this Homak unit or a similar brand in a store? If so, which one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...&n=228013&s=hi

Re: Plastic Double Sided Organizer

I have about 8 boxes that are very similar. Any thin items will get mixed up in other bins. Mainly because heavier bolts and nuts will bulge out the lid.

Oh, the cover, will get to the point of no can see thru no more, after a year or two. And when stacked side by side, be sure to mark the boxes on the ends, what they contain.

Wet fingers will also get on the materials/hardware and can create rust inside the boxes. Never leave the boxes outside or by a carpenter chop saw.

I like the boxes, for going indoors on small jobs. But my main bins are overhead in my work trailer....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

PLANO makes a myriad of dual storage stuff.
      visit their website
      You may find a selection at..believe it or not....
      Wal-Mart fishing/sports section
      Or
      go to any well stocked sports type store.
      They should have a variety of Homax or Plano
      bait type boxes of various sizes.
      Or
      Harbor Freight has a small selection, one or two styles.

Cactus Man

Comment

I have a bunch of these Stanley units and find they work great for storing all kinds of small stuff. The price at Amazon is considerably higher than what I paid locally for mine. They have become very hard to find around here but IIRC I saw them at Target not too long ago. The best feature is the individual storage bins. They're removable so you can grab just the bin with the right sized nut, bolt, screw or whatever for the job at hand without having to lug the whole container around.

Just so that I can say I stayed on topic and didn't totally hijack your thread,...... I've never heard of nor seen the box you're asking about.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I'll try the fishing sections and Target too!

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
            PLANO makes a myriad of dual storage stuff.
            visit their website
            You may find a selection at..believe it or not....
            Wal-Mart fishing/sports section
            Or
            go to any well stocked sports type store.
            They should have a variety of Homax or Plano
            bait type boxes of various sizes.
            Or
            Harbor Freight has a small selection, one or two styles.

Cactus Man

I live right next to Plano where these types of boxs are made. They have an outlet store that has stuff for only a few bucks in some cases. This type of box would sell for no more than 3 dollars for sure. I have a lot of Plano storage boxes in my service truck.

I will scout around next time I am there for deals and let you know.
            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I called Homak and ordered the organizer direct. It was a little cheaper than Amazon, plus they are B/O on Amazon. There was no tax, just shipping charges and I didn't have to spend the time and fuel going from store-to-store looking.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X