Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New year's resolution

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    1) Open no more than 3 cans of Coke a day.
    2) Read a book to my son five days a week.
    3) Don't spend money at HD during the month of January.
    4) No new electronics until March.
    Q1 is done and I've got 3/4 done.

1) On target, but the summer is going to be hard. I had to exercise a good amount of self control today after digging a couple of post holes. When I start mowing the lawn this will be tough.
    2) Missed a week when he was sick; and a second week when I I was out of town.
    3) I ended up buying salt. If you add Jan, Feb, and March together I showed enough restraint that it has the same effect and paid for a pair of Red Wings.
    4) Done.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this back up Charles. I'm behind!

J.C.

Comment

get the taxes all prepared in time for the accountant

did that yesterday and he has a freezer full of ice now

although mine and joeys are involved, i've had the same cpa for 20 years. he's use to my system. i'll pick them up tuesday and hit the post office in time

next year i'll do my weekly homework

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

New Years Resolutions?

anyone making them and going to keep them?
          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Re: New Years Resolutions?

Stop Smoking

Comment

finally start my own business.

go hiking and camping more

Comment

Going to lose some weight and get healthy is my personal resolutions. My business resolutions is to drum up more work so our company is in the black.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                Ron's Facebook
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                  anyone making them and going to keep them?
                  I'll renew my one last year about reading to my son 5 out of 7 days every week. I actually did pretty well on this one, only breaking it when I was traveling and one week when he was sick and another when I was sick.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    1) Open no more than 3 cans of Coke a day.
                    2) Read a book to my son five days a week.
                    3) Don't spend money at HD during the month of January.
                    4) No new electronics until March.
                    1) Done, assuming I only have one more can between now and midnight.
                    2) I actually did pretty well on this one, only breaking it when I was traveling (about 4-5 weeks) and one week when he was sick and another when I was sick.
                    3) Not January (but close), but I didn't go to HD in October. This wasn't exactly on purpose, just that work was crazy.
                    4) Done.

Comment

No more political posts.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        As I am REALLY tired of one post bitchy wonders on this site, I resolve not to provide any responses to any poster unless they have at least 5 posts under their belt. The exception to that of course will be if the writer is courteous and is generally looking for help and not just complaining. 1/04/09
                        Of course this is the reason why my post count has fallen soooooooo far behind Rick's.
                        Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-01-2010, 09:17 AM.
                        ================================================== ====
                        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Get a prostate exam.

Comment

Last year I got better with the paper work. This year is to be awesome with the paper work.

Get only 2 plumbers on this site or the 2 others I'm on to install toilet seat bidets in there homes.

The paperwork will be the easiest

Comment

My resolution was to NOT make any resolutions. I made it!
                              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I generally don't make resolutions for the New Year. There have been times in my life when I try to just resolve to stop one thing or another. Sometimes successful and sometimes not.

But in light of reading other's New Year's resolutions, I did have to smile a bit. Earlier this year I decided to try my best to not participate in certain types of posts here on "Open Discussion" and elsewhere. Sometimes in support of the subject and sometimes not.

Problem with me is I'd then get on my "soap box" spend way to much time typing a response and then after reading it, would decide I need to look up some facts or just tone down my retoric and then I'd just scrap everything that I just wrote. And, sometimes, I'd just forget that somewhere in my past I also have a "non-disclosure" that makes me keep my mouth shut when I really don't want to and once again I'd scrap my writing.

Bottom line, such discussions would waste a lot of time and perhaps put me in a mood and place I really shouldn't be in.

Besides, it's much more fun to read all the other stuff here and when possible, make myself useful.

CWS
                                Last edited by CWSmith; 01-03-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X