stuff you think you need.. But really don't

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stuff you think you need.. But really don't

Those who have doubts about texting might want to reconsider email. Or any form of written messages for that matter. Text messages are very important in my work. I can't always attend to people's requests for help. My BlackBerry allows me to queue tasks and prioritize them as needed. I can tell someone a thing or two via text when I cannot get hold of them immediatelly (they are busy, on the road etc)

What's more important, how else would you known what groceries to buy on your way home, unless wifey sends a shopping list. These are just impossible to remember.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Cellphones are very annoying. Mine is turned off when not needed such as movies, eating out, and driving. However I have coached baseball for 33 years and I must say the last 10 plus years the cellphone has definately made it much easier to get ahold of ballplayers and/or parents.

Comment

well, I suppose that if you are a stock broker you can either use texting to screw people or loose a bunch of money much faster than the old fashioned way.
        sigpic

Comment

every job that's offered to me

In the beginning of my business I would take almost anything that came to me

Now I try to weed out the cheapskates, and career complainers on the phone

Not interested in working for free

I don't have a dispatcher and I'd lose too many jobs if I relied on an answering machine, no cell phone, no business

texting seems really unnecessary
          Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 01-07-2009, 06:29 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Cell phone! I never had a cell phone and probably never will.

Car blinkers! I think we need them but it seems most people don’t. I wish people would get off that phone and tell me when you’re turning instead of just hitting the brakes! Red
            Red

Comment

Working...
            X