Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's on the Menu?

This was yesterday's intake

0700-10 egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. 1 chicken breast

1000-protein shake(muscle milk strawberry & creme)

1200-see 0700 and a plain yogurt

1430-see 1000 but 2 scoops

1700-Ribeye steak(about 1 lb.) and 7 teriyaki chicken thighs w/ 1 big scoop of rice

2230-see 1000

2330-had the egg white scrambled thing(like 0700) but had another ribeye instead of chicken

only drank water

Although this sounds like a lot of food, I've lost 18lbs since beginning Nov by eating like this.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

When you go to an Indian restaurant do you have to call ahead and make an Indian Reservation?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        This was yesterday's intake

0700-10 egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. 1 chicken breast

1000-protein shake(muscle milk strawberry & creme)

1200-see 0700 and a plain yogurt

1430-see 1000 but 2 scoops

1700-Ribeye steak(about 1 lb.) and 7 teriyaki chicken thighs w/ 1 big scoop of rice

2230-see 1000

2330-had the egg white scrambled thing(like 0700) but had another ribeye instead of chicken

only drank water

Although this sounds like a lot of food, I've lost 18lbs since beginning Nov by eating like this.
        You've got a little 'splainin' to do. Is this typical everyday? Kind of hard to scramble 10 eggs at lunch while you are at work isn't it? I'll bet the chicken farmers send you thank you notes.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I accidentally ate a ketchup packet this morning eating my hash rounds out of the bag.

Whoops!

It'll pass, done this before!
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yesterday:
            Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast
            Lunch: Meatloaf and a Coke
            Dinner: Chicken Quesadilla and a Coke

Comment

breakfast: skipped again
              lunch: leftover MooShoo pork
              Dinner: Mie-N-Yu (themed restaurant, each dining room decorated to accent the Silk Road trading route) we sat in the Moroccan Room

Pu Pu Platter- lobster spring roll, chipotle orange spare ribs,
              tempura vegetables, tzatziki lamb kabob,
              sesame peanut chicken satay,
              pineapple sweet chili sauce

Silk Road Kabobs- chili garlic beef kabob, lemon ginger shrimp & scallop kabob, forbidden fried rice

Flight of wine pairings

No dessert-ran out of money

Comment

maple cured bacon from vermont 3 eggs over easy an every thing bagel and a large chocolate milk

lunch salami ,swiss and grilled mushrooms sandwich

dinner tonight Delmonico steaks on the grill with onions and mushrooms and a veggie
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  Yesterday:
                  Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast
                  Lunch: Meatloaf and a Coke
                  Dinner: Chicken Quesadilla and a Coke

Would that be homemade meatloaf?
                  I get my chicken quesadillas from the deli in a grocery store here(Schnuck's)
                  They are delicious.
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    breakfast: skipped again
                    lunch: leftover MooShoo pork
                    Dinner: Mie-N-Yu (themed restaurant, each dining room decorated to accent the Silk Road trading route) we sat in the Moroccan Room

Pu Pu Platter- lobster spring roll, chipotle orange spare ribs,
                    tempura vegetables, tzatziki lamb kabob,
                    sesame peanut chicken satay,
                    pineapple sweet chili sauce

Silk Road Kabobs- chili garlic beef kabob, lemon ginger shrimp & scallop kabob, forbidden fried rice

Flight of wine pairings

No dessert-ran out of money

STOP! You are making me drool all over the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                      Would that be homemade meatloaf?
                      Yep. I did run out of Worchestshire sauce though.

I get my chicken quesadillas from the deli in a grocery store here(Schnuck's)They are delicious.
                      I got turned on to them by the cook at work. He makes them really well (he is also about the most efficient short order cook I've ever seen, he'll be doing like 6 orders all at once, never mess one up, and make it just how you like). At home I'm doing the Tyson kits, for $7 we can feed the whole family (granted my 2 kids are very small and don't eat much).

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        maple cured bacon from vermont 3 eggs over easy an every thing bagel and a large chocolate milk

lunch salami ,swiss and grilled mushrooms sandwich

dinner tonight Delmonico steaks on the grill with onions and mushrooms and a veggie
                        I gained half a pound just reading this delicious menu! Hope you enjoyed every bite as much as I did reading about it. Oh, I had Cheerios for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch I'm grill'in pork loins for dinner.

Comment

With all of the medicines I take I put on the pounds just looking at food. I hope those who are eating to the extremes keep in mind the health consequences.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            With all of the medicines I take I put on the pounds just looking at food. I hope those who are eating to the extremes keep in mind the health consequences.

Mark

Party Pooper, killjoy.

Comment

Today (Sunday)
                              Breakfast: glass of hot water
                              Lunch: some almonds and two dates
                              Dinner: Three lightly scrambled cheesy eggs, slice of country ham (cured), two slices of country bacon, one sausage pattie, two slices italian pane bread toasted, decaf coffee, water, (and a glass of red wine before, just to make the prep fun!)

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                                haha! About 3 years ago this was the post put up by Mark at the end of the thread. I reply was "Killjoy".
                                I went to the doctor for my 15 yr check up (yup, I'd been putting it off). My weight is good, my activity level is high, I thought my diet was good and I take my own blood pressure fairly regularly so I knew it was acceptable.
                                This was a new doctor since I hadn't had a physical in so long. The first words out of his mouth after the blood tests came back were, "You're in pretty good shape for someone with sky high cholesterol and pre-diabetic!" Yikes! He told me it was probably genetic and I would probably have to medicate for this. I told him I would like to try diet first (since I knew what kind of crap I'd been eating). He is giving me 4 months to try it on my own. That was January 16th. As of February 10th I've dropped my cholesterol by 74 points. Mostly the ldl's. Still about 10-15 points to go before I'm in the "acceptable" zone.
                                Now it's toasted steel cut oats with various nuts every morning and some type of fish every night with salad and veggies. (I'm not complaining, I'm a good cook).

Ok Mark, I'm ready for the "I told you so".
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X