X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major the Lion

I am looking for any information anyone has/can find on "Major the Lion". He was an animal actor from the 60s.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Major the Lion

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I am looking for any information anyone has/can find on "Major the Lion". He was an animal actor from the 60s.

Mark
    Yeah and if nobody can help him I am going to keep on believing he's the only lion here.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

http://www.workingwildlife.com/pages/3220/Major.htm
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I like kitties

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          I like kitties

Om nom nom nom http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...5120492kd2.jpg

Comment

My bad I was not specific enough. This would be the lion which was in the Disney movie Napoleon and Samantha back in 1972. Major was in a bunch of other shows in the 60s and you could always tell when it was him because he was missing the bob on the end of his tale. I was telling Joey last night that Brenda use to handle Major when we first got married and she thought I was embellishing my story. Any ways I think Joey talked to Brenda and is now convinced I was being truthful with her.

Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-03-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drc-wartex View Post
              bad, bad kitty!!

Comment

Mark. for what it's worth I remember the lion you are referring to but after two hours of searching the Internet I gave up. I tried look up saturday morning tv programs from the sixties and thought I saw him in an episode of rin tin tin? The information has got to be out there in cyberspace somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Mark. for what it's worth I remember the lion you are referring to but after two hours of searching the Internet I gave up. I tried look up saturday morning tv programs from the sixties and thought I saw him in an episode of rin tin tin? The information has got to be out there in cyberspace somewhere.
                  WHAT! The internet is missing information?
                  RUN everybody RUN!!!!!

We need to assemble a Government agency at once. We MUST get to the bottom of this before the rotation of the earth stops, or worse like this forum just disappearing
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    WHAT! The internet is missing information?
                    RUN everybody RUN!!!!!

We need to assemble a Government agency at once. We MUST get to the bottom of this before the rotation of the earth stops, or worse like this forum just disappearing
                    LOL - That's actually why I posted this thread. While Joey and I were talking about this, neither one of us could believe there was no info about him on the Internet. That's why Joey had a lapse of judgement and accused me of lying to her. I'm glad to see we were not the only ones who could not find any info.

Mark

Comment

Major Robert G. Novotny, is this who you are talking about??????
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

a few pictures from the movie
                        http://www.ultimatedisney.com/napoleon.html
                        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                        attributed to Samuel Johnson
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD, I told Mark last night that if anyone could find the info it would be you. Thanks for the help!
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

The Internet Movie Database is always a good place to start when researching an actor, actress, or film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068990/

Lion Mauling Left Foster Fearful Of Cats
                            http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0123099/
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 01-03-2009, 09:22 PM.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I found a credit where Major the Lion played in the 1989 mini series Bangkok Hilton. I'm sure the information is available if properly researched.

Just a little bit of information regarding African Lions, average lifespan 15yrs in the wild and 25 or so in captivity. Now if Major was an adult back in 1972 we would be safe to assume he is making fims in lion heaven. RIP Major.
                              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-03-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X