X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy on here!

Hello everyone im new to the ridgid forum and just opened my plumbing company 2 months ago in Fort Lauderdale it's called Plumbing Paramedics, Inc. and so far so good. I have used this forum plenty of times for help with plumbing questions and now I am proud to be part of the family. Happy new year to everyone Paul G
    Last edited by PlumbingParamedics; 01-03-2009, 10:39 PM.
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: New Guy on here!

Welcome PP!

J.C.

Comment

Welcome aboard Paul. Your in for one he11 of a ride.

It's just a matter of time before the questions are asked so I minds well be the first one.

Flat rate or T and M ?
      Drum or sectional?
      Either way to the forum
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Flat rate for sure, I always used drum and love them but bought k60 last month and love it too. I probably use drum anytime inside and k60 outside.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
          Flat rate for sure, I always used drum and love them but bought k60 last month and love it too. I probably use drum anytime inside and k60 outside.
          Well, you almost got it right. The correct answer is, "I'm flat rate for some and t&m for others. I use the drum for inside and the sectional for outside. See?
          Now everyone is happy.

Welcome PG of PP in FL FL
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
            Well, you almost got it right. The correct answer is, "I'm flat rate for some and t&m for others. I use the drum for inside and the sectional for outside. See?
            Now everyone is happy.

Welcome PG of PP in FL FL
            That SlimTim... he's a smart one!

Welcome PlumbingParamedic! Looking forward to you teaching us how to perform CPR on a water closet
            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
              That SlimTim... he's a smart one!

Welcome PlumbingParamedic! Looking forward to you teaching us how to perform CPR on a water closet
              CPR on the WC
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Welcome Man!

Comment

Be sure to have your techs wear scrubs and shoe covers. The mask and hair cover would be a nice touch. Maybe a stethoscope for detecting leaks. Of course the rubber gloves are a must.

The logo on your sewer trucks could be.."We have the cure for what smells you".

Teach your apprentices to act like surgical techs, when the plumber is "operating" on a toilet he puts his hand out "flapper", the tech slaps it in his hand, "flapper" he repeats and so forth.

The faucets, toilets, drains, etc. are all patients.

Instead of calling your techs paramedics, which might get you into some kind of trouble, they can be "plumbmedics".

Instead of service contracts, you could sell "Plumbing Insurance & System Service" P.I.S.S., with a very high deductible. (make sure the contracts are a nice shade of yellow).

And lastly, especially since you are flat rate, as you hand them the invoice be sure to say, "this is gonna hurt you more than it hurts me", or maybe, "bend over and take it" , or, "now it's time to bleed you", or my favorite, purchase some ink pens that look like syringes and as you fill out the invoice just say, "yup, we are gonna suck you dry."
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

welcome to the forum plumbing paramedics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                      And lastly, especially since you are flat rate, as you hand them the invoice be sure to say, "this is gonna hurt you more than it hurts me".
                      You got it backwards there slim. With flatrate, the customer agrees on the exact price BEFORE the job is started. That is one of the reasons that it is so popular.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        You got it backwards there slim. With flatrate, the customer agrees on the exact price BEFORE the job is started. That is one of the reasons that it is so popular.
                        Not to say it doesn't hurt MORE when they have to pay the agreed upon cost after the plumber got through in 15 min. Now that I think about it, that is JUST LIKE my doctor. I don't like it there either.

Don't get started on this again, please or I'll start talking about your drums.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!

This is a great resource for this business and lots of great people on here. Knowing them personally I can say it is one of the best bunch of guys to bounce stuff off of.

They will also be there and care, when you need them on a personal basis. (Thanks Rick and Joey!!!)

By the way...I like the logo
                          Attached Files
                          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I dont wanna open a can of worms or anything but...I dont get t & m pricing unless you do really slow work. Yesterday I had a customer supplied toilet to install and a new garbage disposal I did in one hour and fifteen minutes from the time i parked to the time i left. I charged $285 for all. If i charged t & m i would have made 100-160. I guess it all depends on whos doing the work and the quailty of work they do. Im only 29, so for now i can fly throgh calls and not get call backs.

Thanks, yea i could not believe that name , website, where not used already. its funny my original logo looked just like yours then i changed it.
                            Last edited by PlumbingParamedics; 01-04-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Another member who sees the need for speed. T&M punishes speedy techs. But the really slow guys will make out good with it.
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X