X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Adjusting Crescent Wrench

Does anyone know how these things work exactly? I have been searching all over an i can not find any information about them..
    Here is a link to what i am looking at currently...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000EGM1ZM

Please get back to me if you have any idea about the mobile parts inside.

Re: Self Adjusting Crescent Wrench

http://www.amazon.com/reviewproduct/B000EGM1ZM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showView points=1/
    If I was Triumph the Insult Dog, I'd be saying

"FOR ME TO POOP ON!"
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Hm.. That works, but i was looking more along the lines of the parts within it. I am working on constructing a technical drawing of the object so i need to know whats inside of it.

Comment

If there is a patent number on the box/card you could look up the patent on it,

or buy one and look it over or take it apart.

http://www.google.com/patents?hl=en

guessing there is slide lever that turns the adjusting screw in the handle some way,
        looks like the lever is on top of the handle,
        or it ratchets the adjusting screw to move the jaw up or down.

I have never seen one up close and personal. jsut guessing
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

runs on 2 AAA batteries

guessing a small electric motor runs the adjusting screw,

save your money and get a quality manual adjustable wrench, unless you do not have a thumb,

http://www.gadgetgrid.com/2007/11/26...r-auto-wrench/

"The Black & Decker Auto Wrench is the perfect gift for Dad. It automatically adjusts to any nut or bolt up to 1 ¼ inch wide with the touch of a button (applause). The wrench is made of profession heat-treated hardened steel, so it is tough enough for any job. It also features soft grips for maximum comfort and runs on 2 AAA batteries, which are included."
          I typed this out once and then it disappeared, so if this is a double post I am sorry,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD
            unless you do not have a thumb,
            Attachment
            Attached Files
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

So it's got a small motor that runs a gear that pushes the jaws open and closed. The motor shaft turns a gear that turns the jaw shaft. Take a standard wrench and replace your thumb with a motor. From the sounds of the complaints about it not closing tight enough, it appears it may have some feedback circuitry that tells it when the jaws have pressure on them. That's all electronics, and not mechanical though. The feedback circuit is probably just a small switch in the jaw that shuts off the motor when it is pushed down.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

What's in it? Feces. It's full of crap.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

this is about a near worthless tool as I have ever seen. It ranks right up there with the Crapsman Auto-hammer

Attachment
                  Attached Files
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone! lol @ the auto hammer

Comment

Working...
                    X