the snow flake that broke the caribou's back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the snow flake that broke the caribou's back

God bless You and Your family Vince. Your boss should have just laid You off. At least You'd get an unemployment check! I believe Canada has this also. Your first commitment is to Your family. Take the city job, if You can get it. May be lots of competition,but do Your best. You and Your family are added to My morning and evening prayers.
    Vince Remember ,The lord listens to sinners prayers first! You have an excellent chance for that job! God Bless ,Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
      i've had it!!

i tired of being a poor plumber.

i'm getting kicked out of my house because i can't pay my rent.

i'm having a hard time supporting my kids.

i can't pay the money i owe people.

i'm feeling like a piece of $h!t.

i feel worthless.

i've gotten a total of about 15hrs of work, since sept.

i can't give my kids money, i can't buy fuel for the house, i can't buy food and

i can't feed my dogs until i get paid.

i've had it!! i just can't frik'in take it anymore.

my lowest paycheque has been 6 hrs for 2 weeks. 6 frik'in hours. think about that.

i don't even know what a 80 hr paycheque looks like anymore.

i'm an idiot. and i have nobody to blame except myself.

i've made a dedication to my boss for the next 2 years

Vince
      Vince,
      First off I like ya, so don't take this wrong. I broke up your post a little to let you see yourself. You have had a total of 15 hours of work since September? There's your sign.

The dedication to your boss is a bit beyond rational and needs to stop.

One of my hardest lessons in life was about trusting people. I have learned from it and you will too. My circle of trust looks more like a period.

So, you have decided to do something and get a new job. Great! It's time to start a new chapter.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

thanks so much for the responses.

i've decided that i'm going to apply for this job that hopefully has my name on it.

$61, 000/yr is nothing to sneeze at.

i have noticed that the people has posted the job have lowered the type of qualifications and certificates.

they no longer are asking the plumber to also have a oil burner mechanic's certificate. that's hard to come by around here.

i believe, although i could be wrong but i might be the only local inuit plumber avaiable for the job.

maybe, God willing things are going to change for me.

maybe it's my time to shine.

thanks again to all.

Vince

Comment

"they no longer are asking the plumber to also have a oil burner mechanic's certificate"

If thats something they wanted, maybe they'd be willing to pay for the training/certificate once you have worked for them for a while. Can't have too many license's/certificates.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Vince,
            I like you. Your posts are interesting and funny. You don't take take yourself seriously, but you take your profession seriously. Hang in there, take that other job and continue to break that cycle your father started. You really have a great outlook on life, tempered by hard-won knowledge. You really are a strong, resilient man. If we lived close by, we would be great friends. As it is, we are your web brothers and care about you. Do what you need to do and continue to post your great stories.

Jeff

Comment

Gear's right, this is a family,and a dam good one
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hey Vince, now that some time has past, I hope everything is in a better/positive way for you... Any updates????

I'm sitting in Indiana, waiting for my driving trainer, so hopefully this boy will be hitting the highways real soon. I'm kinda anxious to see the Rocky Mountains again. Last time I saw those mountains, was when the trade centers were attacked.

Anyhow, hope all is going well with you...

Mark
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                  Hey Vince, now that some time has past, I hope everything is in a better/positive way for you... Any updates????

I'm sitting in Indiana, waiting for my driving trainer, so hopefully this boy will be hitting the highways real soon. I'm kinda anxious to see the Rocky Mountains again. Last time I saw those mountains, was when the trade centers were attacked.

Anyhow, hope all is going well with you...

Mark
                  thanks for asking mark.

i'm officially on my own. a click of the mouse and my life changed for the better.

i going to get a business license and start advertising.

God helps those who help themselves right?

advise from this forum and my gut feeling has pointed me in the right direction.

thank you to all for the kind words and encouragement.

Vince

encouragement, encouragement. weird eh? get rid of the rage and get the courage.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Vince. I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. Seems like you're living up to your namesake well, my friend. Wish I was there to give ya a hug!
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                      Thanks for posting, Vince. I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. Seems like you're living up to your namesake well, my friend. Wish I was there to give ya a hug!
                      i lookede at my 3 legged dog "ping" and remembered, yup, it could always be worse.

then i pulled up my socks and quit feeling sorry for myself. i also remembered that the big guy upstairs has plans for me.

Vince
                      Attached Files

Comment

vince, sorry i missed your original post. sometimes there is more on the forum than i can read, so i limit it to the plumbing section.

now that its 12 days old, you've made the right choice in doing what's best for you.

go after and specialize in what's needed around town.

sounds like you can't go wrong with pipe thawing.

spend some free time networking at the local hardware stores with the people in the plumbing isles. i've always enjoyed helping others in the store. never really interested in working for them, but you can open up a good market with all the cold weather.

best of luck and keep on posting. not that i can help you with pipe thawing, but at least with the everyday plumbing stuff.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X