Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this thing?

Hi there,
    I am a handywoman and I run across stuff all the time when I am out wheeling and dealing tools and fittings and on and on and I am not a professional so I run across some stuff I do not know what it is. Is there anyone here that can help me identify some of it? I think some of it is pneumatics and there is one thing I think is an el cheapo coaxial female end but I am not sure. Anyone willing to let me email them a picture of it? Thank you.

Re: What is this thing?

put the picture here
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I didn't notice I could do that! Thank you. Here they are.
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, you've got a handful of what look like F connectors normally used on 75 ohm CATV coax, now what? I don't see where there is anything pneumatic in there.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

No, I got a bunch of the coax's in a box of a bunch of pneumatics and I thought that they went with the pneumatic stuff but then the more I looked at them the more I wondered. I still have to take a picture of the pneumatic stuff because I wanna sell it somewhere, I know someone would use it and it is all brand new. I will take some pictures of the other stuff now as I need to anyway and you can give them a look and see if they are what I think. Thank you for the coax confirmation! I have HUNDREDS of them. I didn't even want them but got them and the pneumatic stuff with some tools I did want. Thank you so much. I will go take pics now and be back in a few.

Comment

Ok, I put them all together on one page. I just know they are something to do with air, but I don't know who or what or why they are used. Someone out there uses this stuff but I cannot for the life of me find out who. I googled this off and on the last week and can't figure them out. I just found out today that they are called "pneumatic" I had never even heard of that. Well, thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me what they are used for and what kind of people use them. I hate to see them go to waste but if I can't figure them out they are going to the barn with a pile of other stuff I don't know what to do with. Thank you again!
            Attached Files

Comment

OK, that's whole different set of toys you got in the second photo.
              That stuff is all pneumatic. Various fittings, a couple regulators, and
              a apir of filters and/or moisture seperators, can't tell for sure from the photo.
              Nothin there of any significant value if that is your next question.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 01-10-2009, 12:36 AM.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

Well, thank you! What kind of jobs use these things? The cylinders come off those one bigger black things and there is a felt filter thing inside them. Who and what uses them? I am not wanting to get rich selling them, I just have a LOT of this stuff and it would be a shame for it to go to waste. So any ideas on what they are used for? And why would someone want to filter air coming through a line that size? Is is for hospitals? Sorry to be such a pain with all the wondering....I live to learn. Thank you for everything so far!

Comment

Also, I thought I would press my luck, and ask about two more things I have been wondering about and then I will quit bothering you with this. It just drives me crazy not knowing what these things are and how to get rid of them. I like to recycle and I hate to waste stuff that other people can use...anyway....two more things I don't know what they are. Thank you again!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is one thing I do know what it is! My wonderful weener dog Wendel!
                    Attached Files

Comment

There are applications that call for air under pressure without moisture such as running air tools, paint guns and here's one you may not have heard of, in the telephone industry air lines are run through underground manholes and fitted to cables in order to maintain positive pressure in case of a leak in the cable sheathing. The pressurized air does not allow water in the manhole to enter the cable and damage the connections. A series of alarms allows for location of a drop in pressure indicating either a leak in the air line or damage to the cable. Hope that's of help.

Comment

you need to do a litle more looking for yourself maybe
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/Novitas-Heavy-Du...QQcmdZViewItem

the last item is a anchor bolt, you take it from there and do the research.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

Thank you very much for all the help. At least I have a better idea. I found some of this info. very interesting, too! Have a great week everyone!

Comment

Working...
                          X