X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift

After working for a outfit for about 2 yrs. ( getting under 20 hrs. for the last 8 weeks) ran into a guy at the supply house I worked with some time ago. He invited me to come work for his uncle. So I did. BAM 50 hours a week. Yehaw. Started out finishing a top out, (3 floors) Cool mech room 2 Buderus, 1 Lochnivar condensing. Heating and cooling coils, radiant floor, snowmelt. Will get pics.

Re: shift

Sounds like you fell into good gig!

Comment

Congradulations! It feels good to be wanted. I look forward to the pics.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Way to go stoke. Congratulations and good luck with the new job.

Comment

Here's some
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, that looks great. Thank you for the pics. Your jobsite looks like mine, a upside down bucket and a Pepsi.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

How can you call yourself a plumber?
              Why is that drywall NOT charred to a standing piece of Black Coal?

That is a beautiful piece of work for many to admire(if they can see it) for years to come.

Awesome Stokes.

Comment

Real artistry.

How long did what's in the pics take to complete?

J.C.

Comment

I don't know much about plumbing but if that was my job and I walked in and saw the quality of work displayed in those pictures I would be really happy and recommend you to everyone I talked with.

Comment

The primary loop is packaged prefab, I don't care for it. Kinda limits options somewhat but it's good for time. Time ? I haven't been keeping track(their always pushing anyways) My time is split with managing four fitters that are helping, material lists, layout.

Comment

Doesn't look like the plumbing in any new houses that I have seen.

Shortest distance between any two points is a straight line, a washing machine drain across a cellar window so it couldn't be opened.

Furnace zone valves placed where they could not be accessed.

I have even seen PVC tub drain joined with a beer can packed with monkey s**t, and the dry wallers covered it right over.

I have even seen galvanized pipe used for gas lines where black iron was required by code.

I'm not a plumber but good work stands out (as well as bad)

Comment

Congratulations dude! Judging by your work pictures, you deserve 50 hours/week and good pay too. GOOD plumbers are hard to come by.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I don't know what most of the stuff in your pic does, but all that copper sure looks cool!

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                            I don't know what most of the stuff in your pic does, but all that copper sure looks cool!
                            Its a hydronic heating system powered by a boiler. The different pipes and pumps are zones that heat different areas of the house with separate thermostats.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

very nice looking work
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                              X