X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you spit, or swallow?

no, it's not what you think. had you go'in there for a moment didn't i?

this is a little quark about my inuit culture.

everybody spits up here when they cough up an oyster.

in the old days, before the explorers (tobacco), the average life span of a inuk was about 35 years. lung cancer and emphysema was the major killer. i guess the oil lamp was the sorce of the cancer causing agents (carcinogens). it is very heavy, black smoke. i suppose that everybody would have black spit (i know, it's gross).

so up here everybody spits, nobody (except people from the south) swallows. i'm not going to change or even attempt to change certain aspects of thinking in any culture or beliefs, not even my own. when in rome right?

even though i was raised in the south, i have gotten used to spitting. cough, spit. cough.......spit.

back in 2000 i was living in victoria, british columbia for a couple of years. i had just walked out of the canadian tire and coughed up a big one. without eeeven thinking, i propelled that thing out of my mouth faster than you could say "gross".

well, i didn't see or hear the lady behind me. in a very quiet voice but very audible to me she said, "disssgusting".

needless to say, i was very embarassed and i did in fact turn three shades of red.

so i get to the car and sit down. then i thought to myself, "and she would swallow that!!"

i guess she swallows.

Vince

i keep laughing to myself thinking about your first, second, and third reactions are to this thread now that you've read this..... last....... word.

Re: Do you spit, or swallow?

Vince, you are a crazy man Swallowing that tobacco juice can lead to stomach cancer as well. I've had sinus problems all my life, just carry tissues when spitting is not appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Vince, you are a crazy man Swallowing that tobacco juice can lead to stomach cancer as well. I've had sinus problems all my life, just carry tissues when spitting is not appropriate.
      this would explain the hankerchiefs my dad used to have.

you really can call me a native. i never knew that.

Vince

the tobacco chewers are dying up here. down south 75% of the population doesn't smoke. up here 75% of the population smokes.

Comment

Vince,
        once again you post a disgusting topic that I find informative and amusing.

Comment

Don't spit that much but will blow a "snot rocket" in a heartbeat.

J.C.

Comment

WAY
            too much information!!!

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X