Vacation???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation???

Where do you vacation? Where would you like too?

No wrong answers. Can be a local lake or Australia or anything in between.

J.C.

Re: Vacation???

I just started my fourth year in business. One man shop. Growing slowly but steadily. One day I'd like to be a two or three truck company. Until then I can't take off. Too many customers rely on me to be available.

Comment

We take mini vacations every so often to the gulf shores, only an hour and a half away.

One day I'd like to do some serious traveling - Europe, Grand Canyon, and I'd like to go back to Disney World!

Comment

Twin Lakes,outside Bridgeport in the Sierras.
        Yosemite.
        Both once a year.

Looks like Elyria Ohio may become an annual.

Comment

Work and Vacation.

Two words that do not belong together.

Interesting idea nonetheless.

Comment

My office, on the internet when I'm not working.

Anything that involves fuel, walking, spending money is out of the question.

If I had a wife and kids, scratch that answer.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Am I having an acid flashback or did a post disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                I thought about how weird it sounded when I read it so I deleted it as I didn't have full faith in it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  You done sucked the wrong crawdad head!

J.C.

Comment

I like to go to the Great Smokey Mountains (four or five times over the last ten years), went on a cruise once to Cozumel, Mexico, this past summer I became a beach bumb at Emerald Isle, NC. Sitting on the beach watching the waves and the beauties, drinking a cold one, that was pretty fun This year we may not get to go anywhere, because of the economy slowing business

Comment

Helen and I have been trying to get away once a year. usually end up visiting friends and family. We have take a few cruises though in the past to the Caribbean. Absolutely love cruises. Stayed in Alaska for a week last summer. That was probably top of my lists so far.

Josh

Comment

Just got back from a whirlwind trip to Disneyland. Wish it could have been a longer trip, but with work being what it is, We were lucky to make it down there at all. I'm blessed to be busy. It would have been nice to meet up with the So-Cal forum members, but this was my kids first trip to Disneyland and I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. Something special seeing how happy that place makes them.

My wife wants that to be an annual trip, but I don't see having Disneyland be our only vacation. I would like to go to Roundup this year, but it's still too early for me to tell.

Greg

Comment

Most of my vacation days are used for child care. Before we had kids, we went on vacation about once a year for a week. The three vacations were Canada (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto); Orlando, and the Poconos.

This year my wife went to the Dominican Republic with her mother. I stayed at home and worked, but I did take 2 days off to work on household projects.

I would like to go to Elyria, Ohio; Washington, DC; Boston; Philadelphia, and Alaska. Edit: And DisneyWorld with the kids, hopefully in 2 years.

Comment

Best vacation of all time was 2 1/2 weeks in Europe in 2007. Would really like to go back to London and check out Ireland as well. If you ever get a chance don't pass it up.
                            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Haven't been on a vacation since I retired nine years ago, can't afford it. Before that took the wife and kids on a cruise, very expensive but beautiful experience. Did Disney, too crowded and the service food got to me "yuck". Younger days enjoyed seveal trips to Club Med one of which I met my wife, all inclusive and nice atmosphere. Didn't like what I saw years later while on that cruise, seemed like every quiet beach area was over run buy young men riding jet skiis bothering tourists to buy rides. They ruined the peaceful, relaxation of those beautiful beaches, so much for paradise lost. Now I just stay close to home and vacation in my back yard. Could be a lot worse, thankful for what I got.

Comment

Working...
                              X