X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roundup Hotel

So is everyone getting their reservations set up correctly. One of you called me last night asking about contact info for the hotel. I posted it in my original message for everyone to reference.

Comment

We made ours a couple of months ago.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just checked my new Ridgid calender and we have reservations from 10/8-10/13

I think they have charged us for one night already to hold reservation

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Just checked my new Ridgid calender and we have reservations from 10/8-10/13

I think they have charged us for one night already to hold reservation
          Just wondering if your plan is to be there just to check the aftermath since you will be there a month after it is over?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Just wondering if your plan is to be there just to check the aftermath since you will be there a month after it is over?

Mark

AH Crap! now I have to call and make sure I gave them the right dates

Comment

Found the problem

I was distracted by Teresa Noreen (Miss Sept/Oct)

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Found the problem

I was distracted by Teresa Noreen (Miss Sept/Oct)
                Wait until Anita finds out you can't figure out how to decifer a two-month spread on a calendar AND the reason why!
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

bill, i knew you were slow in some of the events, but finishing a month behind the rest of the pack is embarassing

actually if you show up early, we can have our team geritol meeting over milkshakes

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I'll need two beds put together, some ice, and a pack of rolos.

Please don't ask why.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

If there's anyone looking to share a room with a drunken Canuck, please let me know. I'm not 100%, but I should have it sorted out in the next few weeks - it's only 50/50 as to whether or not Mrs. CanuckSARTech will be coming. So, if not, I'd gladly share the room with another goofball.

Comment

joey is not committed yet.

maybe she will shack up with the timberwolf

i've got the k-60 impressionator

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Josh, is there only a set number of rooms for us? 'Cause I've just called the hotel to confirm my earlier reservation in early July, and they have no recollection of it, nothing on the system. Sooooo, I say that's fine, just please re-book me in. And, I've now been told that there are no more rooms set aside for that block of reservations, that the "Ridgid RoundUp" booking only had a limited number of rooms in the block.

Now, I was then told that they do in fact have rooms available. But at a "regular discounted rate" of $139. So, I kindly explained to the lady that since they do still have open rooms (hence, "rooms available"), that they therefore aren't booked up, and can reserve me a room with the Ridgid group (presumably, we're all being set aside in a far distant corner of the hotel, so as not to bother other civilized peoples), and at the Ridgid rate. Well, the girl told me that all of those rooms are booked, so she cannot reserve me another room at that discounted rate.

I'll give her credit - she was incredibly nice and considerate, and understood my concern and frustration at the situation. So, she did steer me to call the "sales department" at the hotel tomorrow, during regular business hours, which I do intend to do. It sucks that my reservation is "no where to be found" (there's nothing on my credit card either), but it's only made worse by not being able to book the same deal/rooms now.

However, Josh/ProBrand/Steve: is there indeed only a few limited rooms that we could have got at this hotel? Is there no other way for them to still extend this special group rate?
                          Last edited by canucksartech; 09-02-2009, 08:50 PM. Reason: Grammar & addition

Comment

I am most likely going to stay at some dive just outside of town to save a few bucks. I just get up early enough to meet at the Roundup Hotel for the bus ride.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                              Josh, is there only a set number of rooms for us? 'Cause I've just called the hotel to confirm my earlier reservation in early July, and they have no recollection of it, nothing on the system. Sooooo, I say that's fine, just please re-book me in. And, I've now been told that there are no more rooms set aside for that block of reservations, that the "Ridgid RoundUp" booking only had a limited number of rooms in the block.

Now, I was then told that they do in fact have rooms available. But at a "regular discounted rate" of $139. So, I kindly explained to the lady that since they do still have open rooms (hence, "rooms available"), that they therefore aren't booked up, and can reserve me a room with the Ridgid group (presumably, we're all being set aside in a far distant corner of the hotel, so as not to bother other civilized peoples), and at the Ridgid rate. Well, the girl told me that all of those rooms are booked, so she cannot reserve me another room at that discounted rate.

I'll give her credit - she was incredibly nice and considerate, and understood my concern and frustration at the situation. So, she did steer me to call the "sales department" at the hotel tomorrow, during regular business hours, which I do intend to do. It sucks that my reservation is "no where to be found" (there's nothing on my credit card either), but it's only made worse by not being able to book the same deal/rooms now.

However, Josh/ProBrand/Steve: is there indeed only a few limited rooms that we could have got at this hotel? Is there no other way for them to still extend this special group rate?

I found the same thing today, minus the reservation in july part.

I procrastinated/forgot until today.

Comment

Canuck-the same thing happened to us last year. They had just misspelled our last name. So they ended up finding the original reservation. You may want to check that out.
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X