Roundup Hotel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roundup Hotel

I will try to follow up on this one tomorrow. If you really did book the room previously then they should honor the price. if need be, Steve, Wyatt, or I will call to try and work this out with our rep there.

josh

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
    Josh, is there only a set number of rooms for us? 'Cause I've just called the hotel to confirm my earlier reservation in early July, and they have no recollection of it, nothing on the system. Sooooo, I say that's fine, just please re-book me in. And, I've now been told that there are no more rooms set aside for that block of reservations, that the "Ridgid RoundUp" booking only had a limited number of rooms in the block.

Now, I was then told that they do in fact have rooms available. But at a "regular discounted rate" of $139. So, I kindly explained to the lady that since they do still have open rooms (hence, "rooms available"), that they therefore aren't booked up, and can reserve me a room with the Ridgid group (presumably, we're all being set aside in a far distant corner of the hotel, so as not to bother other civilized peoples), and at the Ridgid rate. Well, the girl told me that all of those rooms are booked, so she cannot reserve me another room at that discounted rate.

I'll give her credit - she was incredibly nice and considerate, and understood my concern and frustration at the situation. So, she did steer me to call the "sales department" at the hotel tomorrow, during regular business hours, which I do intend to do. It sucks that my reservation is "no where to be found" (there's nothing on my credit card either), but it's only made worse by not being able to book the same deal/rooms now.

However, Josh/ProBrand/Steve: is there indeed only a few limited rooms that we could have got at this hotel? Is there no other way for them to still extend this special group rate?

Comment

I just called to confirm our reservation. I asked about the discounted rate. They said the group rate is held until 3 weeks before the arrival date. After that they release the rooms back to the regular rate.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

They should be very helpful about the rate in my opinion. A hotels goal is to be booked full all the time. Rarely happens unless it's a heavily visited area at peak times of year.

Deals are struck all the time. Josh has arranged for $5000.00+ of revenue for them on this occasion.

Turn the screws on them a little Josh.

J.C.

Comment

I got worried after reading this, so I just called the hotel to confirm my reservation and all is good.
          The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Canuck-the same thing happened to us last year. They had just misspelled our last name. So they ended up finding the original reservation. You may want to check that out.
            Tried multiple speeeellings of my last name, all to no avail. Checked under my credit card even - nothing had shown up on my statement to date, but I figured no big deal.

Will look into it further in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              They should be very helpful about the rate in my opinion. A hotels goal is to be booked full all the time. Rarely happens unless it's a heavily visited area at peak times of year.
              I agree. That was my perspective in talking with the girl about this. She said they have rooms available - so, just give me one at the pre-negotiated rate that they agreed to with the group.

I will call them tomorrow and try to work my magic - it's all about being nice, understanding, and reasonable. Cooler heads will prevail.

The big thing here for me on a negotiating point is whether or not there is indeed the three week closure window on the block bookings, and whether or not the hotel cared to relay that bit of information to Ridgid so that we could be notified. If so, I would have called to reverify my reservation 3 1/2 weeks ago.

The other issue, especially considering this closure window, is whether or not they had openings still in the 25 rooms that it says on the RoundUp info page that the hotel stated they would set aside. If they only booked 21, then they're not really losing anything by still honouring the deal now.

I'll work on it tomorrow, and update. Thanks all for your suggestions and ideas.

Comment

For those of you still trying to confirm hotel, please hold tight. I just saw this thread so let me call the hotel this morning and figure this out. I'll post with an update.

Comment

Ok team, worked some magic and here's the deal. They are willing to provide the same $102/night rate to anyone that contacts Kevin Alexander before close of business tomorrow (5:00 EST), Friday September 4th.

Kevin can be reached via email at Kevin.Alexander@marriott.com. Simply reference that you are with the RIDGID Roundup and complete the info below.

First Name
                  Last Name
                  Street Address
                  City, State, Zip
                  Phone number
                  Date of arrival
                  Date of departure
                  Number of guests in room
                  Credit card type (Visa, MC, AMEX)
                  Credit card number

If you are uncomfortable giving credit card info via email, they will guarantee the room without it but would be preferred as we (RIDGID) will be held liable for it.

That ought to do it!

See you all next week!

Comment

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated.

I just actually left a VM for Kevin myself. I finally got through to someone in the sales department, and they told me they had no idea what that reservation (Ridgid Roundup) was for, nothing showing on the system, etc., etc. After being placed on hold for a few minutes, the lady came back and said that it was Kevin Alexander who was handling that. So, I left him a voicemail about 5 minutes ago, and explained the situation as it's happened so far.

My issue is, where did my reservation go that I made in July? And what happens if some others show up next week, with the same issue (reservation lost, no discounted price)? Also, did we use up the full block of 25 rooms that were set aside for us?

I'll await his contact back, and then go from there. Thanks for all of your help, Steve. You guys put a lot of work into this, just to entertain us all for a few days. It's all very much appreciated.

Comment

You are very welcome. I can't speak for the hotel and what happened with your situation but am sure Kevin will handle it for you. He has been more than helpful to me. See ya next week.

Comment

My issue is, where did my reservation go that I made in July? And what happens if some others show up next week, with the same issue (reservation lost, no discounted price)? Also, did we use up the full block of 25 rooms that were set aside for us?
                        I've never had an issue with a hotel losing a reservation, but I always bring my email confirmation printout (when you reserved the room over the phone they should offer to send you one). If you've got one it is a good thing to have.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                          I've never had an issue with a hotel losing a reservation, but I always bring my email confirmation printout (when you reserved the room over the phone they should offer to send you one). If you've got one it is a good thing to have.
                          I've had this experience a couple times in the past, as I always used to prefer to do a reservation without a credit card deposit. I prefer to pay in cash or debit upon checking in, as my credit card always dinged me with excessive fees and exchange rates.

However, in the last few weeks, my wife and I just changed some banking stuff, and have changed over our individual credit cards into one joint travel credit card with each of us having a card linking to the same account. It gives us much better rates, bonuses, etc. So, I don't have to be as shy to use it as needed (within obvious spending limits/rationale, of course ).

Comment

Make sure you call back up and get the RIDGID rate.

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
                            I found the same thing today, minus the reservation in july part.

I procrastinated/forgot until today.

Comment

All is resolved, Steve. I appreciate your help on that end.

Kevin called me back just after 12 noon, and we talked on the phone to go over the respective issues. Basically, crap happens, but he's got no problem extending this deal to not only myself to make up for this, but to those others on here that have yet to book.

He had me e-mail him with my respective details so he can get the confirmation in place, as he called me back from his cell.

So, not an overly big issue, but still an issue, that was easily solved and sorted out. All is good now in the universe. Any others that still have to book should do so ASAP - it's a generous gesture for them to continue to extend this offer to us.

I just may have to be sure to bring a few extra cigars as a thank you, to both Steve and Kevin.

Cooler heads prevail. If only it was this easy for some people in their HD issues.

Comment

I just may have to be sure to bring a few extra cigars as a thank you, to both Steve and Kevin.
                                And then also maybe some for Josh and ProBrand. Just because.

Comment

Working...
                                X