Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spam

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spam

    I have beefed up the security on the site to try and prevent some of the spam that has been happening.

    If you run into any spam please report it to me or Mark so we can zap it.

    Thanks everyone,

    Josh

  • #2
    Re: Spam

    Josh, is the best way to do this to use the little red triangle with the exclamation point in the upper right of the post?

    Or do you prefer some other method such as a PM?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Spam

      Use the triangle in the upper right. That should work best.

      Josh

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Spam

        By the way it may have been super SPAM but I had to delete some last night as well.

        Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Spam

          funny as you mention this.

          yesterday i went to register in a sprinter forum so i could look up all the dealers on a pdf spread sheet.

          unfortunatly by the time i answered the security/ anti spam question correctly, they swapped the question

          how am i suppose to know the capital of nebraska i thought it was omaha wrong lincoln

          next question, capital of new hampshire concord.

          so 15 minutes of refilling in all the registration questions, i still didn't get to open that file

          so it couldn't possibly be me that bought that new sprinter yesterday

          thanks josh.

          so anyone got a state capitals link

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Spam

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            funny as you mention this.

            yesterday i went to register in a sprinter forum so i could look up all the dealers on a pdf spread sheet.

            unfortunatly by the time i answered the security/ anti spam question correctly, they swapped the question

            how am i suppose to know the capital of nebraska i thought it was omaha wrong lincoln

            next question, capital of new hampshire concord.

            so 15 minutes of refilling in all the registration questions, i still didn't get to open that file

            so it couldn't possibly be me that bought that new sprinter yesterday

            thanks josh.

            so anyone got a state capitals link

            rick.
            Heaven forbid you open another window and Google the answer to the question.

            Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Spam

              Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Heaven forbid you open another window and Google the answer to the question.

              Mark
              He couldn't do that, because that is what his wife told him to do
              I love my plumber

              "My Hero"

              Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Spam

                But fried with taters aint bad! Right Dunbar?
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Spam

                  rick just have joey do it next time
                  Charlie

                  My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                  http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                  new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Spam

                    Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                    rick just have joey do it next time
                    she didn't know the correct answer either.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Spam

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      she didn't know the correct answer either.

                      rick.
                      No, but it sounds like she knows how to multi-task on the comp!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Spam

                        Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        I have beefed up the security on the site to try and prevent some of the spam that has been happening.

                        If you run into any spam please report it to me or Mark so we can zap it.

                        Thanks everyone,

                        Josh
                        So, hey there Josh, how much will it cost me to get you to install some of your Super-Kryptonite-Hard-Armour-Fail-Safe-Unbreakable-Anti-Spam-Shield stuff on my phone at home, to put an end to all of the annoying Far East telemarketers that call me at home in the evening, badly mispronouncing my name, but acting like they're my bestest-new-found-friend-in-the-whole-world, and how they're going to save me oh so much money....how do I get you to put a nuclear land mine on my phone line to stop them from getting through?

                        Do you accept Ridgid promo swag? I've got a real sweet orange and black ball-cap for ya, buddy! Come on!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X