we're experiencing a heat wave!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we're experiencing a heat wave!!

i don't know if my friends south of the border are warming up. if you aren't, you will be.

currently up here 15.26 F (-9.3)

just about starting to sweat.

Vince

Re: we're experiencing a heat wave!!

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
    i don't know if my friends south of the border are warming up. if you aren't, you will be.

currently up here 15.26 F (-9.3)

just about starting to sweat.

Vince
    There you go again with that Global Warming thing.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Right now it is the coldest so far this winter here. It is 3°F (-16°C).
      Just this past Monday it broke 50°F which was a repeat of Sunday when it topped 50.

This coming weekend we are forcast to break 50 again.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 02-05-2009, 10:45 PM.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thanks for asking Vince as we are in the middle a real winter storm right now. It's 49 F outside tonight and I had to plan my trip out to my spa between weather fronts. Even at that my hair got a little wet before I was ready to get out and run back into the warmth of the house. They are predicting we may get as much as an 1" of rain over the next 4-days or so before this deluge finally moves on.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It would take alot for me to be able to function in Vince's weather world.

Vince, last year I roughed in some houses here one week when it was between 95 to 100 degrees with 95% humidity.

Have you ever been anywhere like that working or visiting? How were your tolerances?

J.C.

Comment

I've been in -40 F and it was not much fun. It wasn't so much that I was cold it was that I felt like an Umpa Lumpa with all of the layers I had on.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I've been in -40 F and it was not much fun. It wasn't so much that I was cold it was that I felt like an Umpa Lumpa with all of the layers I had on.

Mark
              It's been about 16 degrees here the past couple of mornings. I'm a wuss in cold. I have enough layers on you couldn't shoot me with a bullet.

J.C.

Comment

I got to break out my new rain boots my brother got me. I even put on a sweater to go to dinner tonight. Brrrrrr!
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Coldest day in Fort Lauderdale in six years it was 35 here last night. I dont know how people deal with this weather for 6 months. I would not leave my house thank god my parents moved here before I was born.
                  You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

With the wind chill yesterday morning it was around -3F. We were colder than you, Vince!! My heating bill is going to be hard to pay this month, I think. This weekend we're supposed to be up near 60F though. I think I might do a little sun-bathing!!!
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X