X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Page Links Suggestions

If you look on the homepage I brought back up the sidebar on the right side (This only shows up on the home page so it wont get in your way)

I want to put 2 types of links up here.

- New Products - want to make sure you know about all the new stuff coming out.

- RIDGID.com resources - there is a link to Demo requests up there. I want this to include whatever you guys need quick links to in our website.

So heres what I need from you. Are there any pages on the website that you go to regularly (manuals, products, parts, etc.)

Let me know and I will try to make the sidebar as valuable as possible.

Josh

Re: Home Page Links Suggestions

Very nice thank you. I noticed while the links work, every other pictures is just a small red X (2,4 & 6).

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

good call josh

makes it much easier to locate the parts and manuals to link for people asking for help.

any chance getting the email notification back wrking wheen a private message comes in i don't think it has worked since the last major upgrade.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The top left of this page, the with the 2 construction workers, the logo and slogan, all needs to be hyperlinked to http://www.ridgid.com/ as a go back page, default to the main page of the site.

The ridgid forum print up top, should also be hyperlinked to the front page of the forum, http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php

If you was to track this URL from within the forum, you'll be surprised how many users will click that link up top to back out and bring themselves to the beginning, instead of backing out or trying to figure out how many clicks it took to get to the beginning.

Of course, any of us that know Vbulletin knows where to click. For new members that aren't used to the format, the big link above by far works well. It's a common setup for many forums across the www and makes the navigation easier for the infrequent/sporatic user.

Sometimes I wonder if that is the reason why some low post count users never come back, even though there's default email notification ticked off on registration.

I have difficulty myself on non-Vb forums getting adjusted to their formats, I can imagine those who have never been on a forum, what it's like.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I second all of Dunbars comments and suggestions. I was about to make
          the same suggestions for the banner images but he beat me to it.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Done and Done

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            The top left of this page, the with the 2 construction workers, the logo and slogan, all needs to be hyperlinked to http://www.ridgid.com/ as a go back page, default to the main page of the site.

The ridgid forum print up top, should also be hyperlinked to the front page of the forum, http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php

If you was to track this URL from within the forum, you'll be surprised how many users will click that link up top to back out and bring themselves to the beginning, instead of backing out or trying to figure out how many clicks it took to get to the beginning.

Of course, any of us that know Vbulletin knows where to click. For new members that aren't used to the format, the big link above by far works well. It's a common setup for many forums across the www and makes the navigation easier for the infrequent/sporatic user.

Sometimes I wonder if that is the reason why some low post count users never come back, even though there's default email notification ticked off on registration.

I have difficulty myself on non-Vb forums getting adjusted to their formats, I can imagine those who have never been on a forum, what it's like.

Comment

Fixed... thanks

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Very nice thank you. I noticed while the links work, every other pictures is just a small red X (2,4 & 6).

Mark

Comment

Is this happening to everyone?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                good call josh

makes it much easier to locate the parts and manuals to link for people asking for help.

any chance getting the email notification back wrking wheen a private message comes in i don't think it has worked since the last major upgrade.

rick.

Comment

I don't get an email when someone sends me a PM anymore. I thought that I may have changed the settings in my USER CP but the box is still checked to recieve. Been a few months now, maybe 6

I'm not a fan of the banners on the side. Looks a little squishy on my small screen but that's my problem.

How about adding some multimedia links. Maybe Fred or some executive delivering a mission statement. Too self serving?

Ok then, how about a short video on marketing some random tool? You can change the vid once a week or so to spice it up. I hate stale links.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    Is this happening to everyone?
                    I think it has been working OK for me. Send me a test if you wish.

Ok, I just went and checked my settings and found this option turned off.
                    I was pretty sure I had it turned on but maybe not. Anyway I have enabled
                    it again so we will see what happens next time I get a PM.
                    Last edited by Bob D.; 01-21-2009, 11:49 PM.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

See you made the Ridgid logo uptop a link like I asked.

I'd like to see on the tool bar to the right a link to active promotions & contests. For instance, you currently have "Spring Fling" promotions active and it would be good to have there.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                      X