X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaza Strip

Can someone educate me on world affairs?

Why did Israel decide now was the time to make and advancement into the Gaza strip?

J.C.

Re: Gaza Strip

The Reader Digest version is Israel gave the Gaza Strip to the Palestinians on the promise it would end the violence and everyone would live in peace. Israel removed by force Israelis who had built homes and farms in Gaza hoping for peace. Once they were out of Gaza weapons were smuggled in and Hamas started firing missiles into Israel on a daily basis. Israel asked for it to stop and Hamas would not stop so Israel is destroying the tunnels used to smuggle into Gaza and trying to break Hamas.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

In addition to what Mark said, the bush administration was very anti Hamas and fully supported Israel. With Bush leaving office, Israel wasn't sure if Obama would back their actions up so that's another reason why they acted when they did. IMO as it looks right now, it's a good time to be a terrorist because you'll just get an uplifting speech about change and unity; just my opinion.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        In addition to what Mark said, the bush administration was very anti Hamas and fully supported Israel. With Bush leaving office, Israel wasn't sure if Obama would back their actions up so that's another reason why they acted when they did. IMO as it looks right now, it's a good time to be a terrorist because you'll just get an uplifting speech about change and unity; just my opinion.
        Great timing on your post Ben. They just report on the news this morning about more release terrorist from Guantanamo rejoining Al Qaeda on the battle field. It certainly is a great day for terrorists. Go to Guantanamo for four years, bulk up and get all of the medical help you need and return to the battle field a better terrorist.

Mark

Comment

You guys are brutal!!! But totally correct!!! I heard a good saying a few days ago:
          If the Muslims had no more weapons, there would be no wars. If Israel had no more weapons, there would be no more Israel".
          Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by The Wood Meister View Post
            If the Muslims had no more weapons, there would be no wars. If Israel had no more weapons, there would be no more Israel".
            I can't think of any Christian majority country that ever started a war? Hmm....

Also, Israel has a right to defend itself.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Great timing on your post Ben. They just report on the news this morning about more release terrorist from Guantanamo rejoining Al Qaeda on the battle field. It certainly is a great day for terrorists. Go to Guantanamo for four years, bulk up and get all of the medical help you need and return to the battle field a better terrorist.

Mark
            Innocent until proven guilty? These people are being held without charges. We are not going to just take them all and drop them off on the battlefield. They will finally see their day in court. The ones who are found guilty will come to prisons in the states. The ones who are found innocent will be freed.

Google: Japanese internment camps

A shame full time in our history

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            IMO as it looks right now, it's a good time to be a terrorist because you'll just get an uplifting speech about change and unity; just my opinion.
            I, for one, am happy we finally have a THINKING man in office.

Obama - "…We have Al Qaeda and the Taliban regrouping in Afghanistan while we look the other way. We have a war in Iraq that our own government's intelligence says is serving as Al Qaeda's best recruitment tool. And we have recommendations from the bipartisan 9/11 commission that we still refuse to implement five years after the fact."

Please read more at:

http://terrorism.about.com/od/issues...arackObama.htm

All of this is just my opinion.

It was brought to my attention that I came off a little rough, so I'm editing to smooth out the edges, but stand by my basic opinion.

Sorry to the offended. I love my country as most of us do and disagree strongly with the direction that we have been led.

Thomas Jefferson - “The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.”
            Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 01-26-2009, 11:40 PM. Reason: smoothing the edges

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Lenny, I understand some of your points but "due process" is not afforded to terrorists who take up arms agaisnt Americans and who do not wear uniforms. These people proudly admit killing and plotting to kill us so why would they be afforded trials and then jail terms where they could continue to communicate further deadly plans? I don't like that thousands of brave Americans have died in Iraq, but they were fighting someone and we have not had any further terrorist problems here thanks to all the actions taken. I believe President Obama is trying to change world opinion of the USA and do what he feels is right, but I don't think we owe people who kill Americans a trial. I don't know if we will see our troops in afghanistan, but now is not the time to allow terrorists to regroup and strengthen in my opinion.

Comment

This innocent man spent 7 years in gitmo, then released, without any charges.

Makes me wonder how many other innocent people are being held at gitmo.

This is the problem. It is not a safe assumption that all of these people are guilty.

Please read this mans story.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/am...istan.lawsuit/
                Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 01-26-2009, 11:44 PM.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Lenny, I understand some of your points but "due process" is not afforded to terrorists who take up arms agaisnt Americans and who do not wear uniforms. These people proudly admit killing and plotting to kill us so why would they be afforded trials and then jail terms where they could continue to communicate further deadly plans? I don't like that thousands of brave Americans have died in Iraq, but they were fighting someone and we have not had any further terrorist problems here thanks to all the actions taken. I believe President Obama is trying to change world opinion of the USA and do what he feels is right, but I don't think we owe people who kill Americans a trial. I don't know if we will see our troops in afghanistan, but now is not the time to allow terrorists to regroup and strengthen in my opinion.
                  You are much more generous than I am with his points.

Lets remember not to let this get too heavy or it will have to be removed. I assume Lenny is not familar with the rules against political discussions. As long as they are not too heated a little exchange is okay. I think we just passed that threshold.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    You are much more generous than I am with his points.

Lets remember not to let this get too heavy or it will have to be removed. I assume Lenny is not familar with the rules against political discussions. As long as they are not too heated a little exchange is okay. I think we just passed that threshold.

Mark
                    No I wasn't, Sorry about the tone, I'm moving on.

Can someone post a link to the nearest religion thread?
                    Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 01-26-2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: lightening the mood

Lenny

Comment

Do they use sectional machines in Israel?

J.C.

Comment

I'm sure there's a Ridgid rep there.

Lenny

Comment

Lenny, I'm all for beefing up inspections of cargo containers and securing our borders. I'm very appreciative that there has not been another attack on our soil and I credit President Bush, our military and any legislative action that contributed to this record. I am sure there may be an innocent man or two in that gitmo group and just as happens in our own criminal justice system there are mistakes, sad but true. Problem is do we extend our rights to admitted terrorists? I say no!!!! I think I'm a open minded guy but we have to draw the line with these extremists and continue to protect ourselves and our troops from further harm. Mark, I don't know if I crossed any political line? If I did just remove this, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Lenny, I'm all for beefing up inspections of cargo containers and securing our borders. I'm very appreciative that there has not been another attack on our soil (Agreed) and I credit President Bush, our military and any legislative action that contributed to this record. (Disagree) I am sure there may be an innocent man or two in that gitmo group and just as happens in our own criminal justice system there are mistakes, sad but true. (Agree) Problem is do we extend our rights to admitted terrorists? I say no!!!! (Yes IF they don't admit to it) I think I'm a open minded guy but we have to draw the line with these extremists and continue to protect ourselves and our troops from further harm (Agreed). Mark, I don't know if I crossed any political line? If I did just remove this, sorry.
                            We can agree to disagree, and disagree that we agree?

I don't know, I'm moving on to plumbing discussions.

Later

Lenny

Comment

I have a policy in my business that I don't discuss religion and politics with customers, with good reason.

I think I'll carry that policy over to the Ridgid forum.

I'll voice my opinion at the voting booth instead.

Lenny

Comment

Working...
                              X