• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hilti commercial

Bird infestation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLlqIuVhI

Comment

"In Germany they first came for the Communists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

And then... they came for me...And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

Martin Niemoller 1946

Comment

Peekaboo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3eEOUkbxrA

Comment

Some folks got pi$$y with me yesterday for my non-NeoCon views, so I'll stay away from the topic of racism

Still looking for that religion thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post

And then... they came for me...And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

Martin Niemoller 1946

I see, you are speaking up for all the boring people who can't let go of a conflict and will keep on dragging it on and on. You should start a Brotherhood Offended On The Youtube, or B.O.O.T.Y.

Comment

Last One!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FpCI9bypQ
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                "In Germany they first came for the Communists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Martin Niemoller 1946
                Tom, whether folks agree with our take on this thread and video is debatable, but I think there is a good message in your post and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Tom, whether folks agree with our take on this thread and video is debatable, but I think there is a good message in your post and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Thanks.
                  Thank you Frank. Maybe I am too close to the topic to be objective. In another life I served on a legislative advisory committee drafting legislation for the disenfranchised. Also in that life I witnessed first hand the insidiousness and resultant destructivness of covert racism, so I might be hypersensitive to the topic. But I can tell you this, after you have worked with it for as long as I have you can pick it out easily.

The quote by Niemoller, I think made in about 1945, was my feeble attempt to convey that we have to try to stick together. Divide and conquor is one of the oldest military strategies recognized. We are already divided, as a nation, on a number of issues. One of the most glaring to me is the issue of gun control. I am scared to death that legislation will be passed that will limit the Second Amendment freedom we enjoy. Each time we make fun of, each time we tear down another person because they are not like us we fracture our cohesivness as a nation a little more. We become a little more divided so that conquoring will be that much easier. Small actions, over time, can have huge consequences.

Some of us here have military backgrounds. Drafted, like I was, or enlisted made no difference when the Black guy who had been sleeping next to you in the bunker has his legs blown off and is crying for his mother. He died so that, paraphrasing you, "We could all enjoy equal freedoms." One of those freedoms is freedom from oppression and racism is oppressive.

Tom
                  Last edited by Tom W; 01-28-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X