• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilti commercial

WARNING: Mature language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNnLvwYY08

Re: Hilti commercial

That's just plain stupid.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I will agree, Hilti is the real sheit man lol

G3

Comment

That was not a Hilti commercial! It was racist, insulting and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Not very realistic either

A real thug would have stolen the tool and the guy would never have got a tip.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Thats actually a clip from the HBO series "The Wire" and as you can gather they are using the nail gun for a use its designers never intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              I guess you have no other choice but to develop a sense of humour. This is a joke and in no way it is racist, it is from a TV show.

Definition of racism: "Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race."

Nowhere in this video there is anything racist.

YOU are racist because as soon as you see a black male you automatically stereotype him to be the victim. I bet you are very nervous around black people (despite possibly having maybe one black friend) and shake when you walk thru a black community. If anything, the poor store clerk was a victim because the kid treated him and tipped him as if he were his personal servant. Your definition of racism is distorted and one-sided, rethink it. I bet now that Obama won and tries to replace some high-up crooked whites with non-corrupt blacks, people like you are going to scream "racism".

Every time I go to some american forum somebody ALWAYS gets offended by something, no matter how politically correct you are. I go to european forums and people just have fun and understand jokes.

If you are offended by this video, please watch it again as your offendedness delivers me extra pleasure. Thanks.

Comment

What is the procedure for getting someone off the forum? Talking about tools is one thing but Race-baiting is another matter entirely and should not be allowed. This Wartex should be banned.

Tom

Comment

So I guess all that laugh at Eddie Murphy,Chris Rock or Richard Pryor Making fun of the not so good parts of their culture is racist as well.

I thought it was made well.

I liked it..Sorry

Comment

sorry but it's not racist at all. it's actually very funny. at first i thought WTF? but once i realized it was tongue in cheek i laughed my butt off. even Jackie thought it was funny and she doesn't find this sort of thing funny most of the time.

thanks for the post

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

My comment was not directed toward the video which, incidently, I didn't find funny at all. It was directed toward Wartex's comments wherein he excoriated Frankiarmz for his post. He is Race-Baiting. Would Wartex's comments have been allowed if he was posting the same words about Frankiearmz's views about religion or, lately on here, the sensitive topic of politics? I don't think so. But racism is so insidious, so ingrained that it is allowed?

The video is racist. It is a perpetuaion of racial stereotypes that black people slur their words, kill one another for money and call one another names as in 1:23 into the clip. Other races are superior, i.e. whites, as is typified in the video by the white sales clerk who works at a socially acceptable job and enunciates properly. And, there is a lot more.

I don't know anything about Chris Rock or Richard Pryor except that I think they are black comedians. I have never seen them. I did see a video on youtube that featured Eddie Murphy acting out reasons why black people are pulled over by police. I didn't think that was funny either.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        So I guess all that laugh at Eddie Murphy,Chris Rock or Richard Pryor Making fun of the not so good parts of their culture is racist as well.

I thought it was made well.

I liked it..Sorry
                        Nothing to be sorry about in my opinion, but I would like to explain my thought process. We've been dealing with racism and sterotypes for a long time now and while there is humor in there, there is also either underlying hatred, fear or ignorance as well. Professional comedians get a pass from their audience because we understand they are going to cross the line and touch on some truth to find a bit of humor we can all agree upon. When someone here posts "Hilti Commercial" instead of "YouTube Joke Ad" we are drawn in an left to figure out the motive or purpose of the person who posted and the content of the video. I'm a grown white guy and if I choose I can hang out with similar easy going guys and laugh about sterotypes, clump all minorities into neat harmless groups that cannot challenge my humanity, but I choose not to do that. I'll laugh with the true comedians, but when some dope does something I regard as insulting and racist I speak out. Not too long ago Blacks could not vote, they had to use separate bathroom facilities, hate groups grew strong to keep these people from sharing the American foundation of "All Men Are Created Equal". Do gangbangers exist as well as other criminal element in our society, and are some Black? Yes! We here on this Forum have been trying to handle our political differences in a mature, non confrontational manner in order to keep the lines of communication open. I suggest we apply similar behavior in the area of race and religion because we don't know who is reading or who is judging. I watch plenty of tv where jokes are made at the expense of race and religion on both programs and by standup comics. I'll leave you with this; I may be way off base in my opinion of this thread and I respect those who disagree with me.
                        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-27-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Tom W and BadgerDave,

The purpose of this post is a laugh. This video is a joke. If you are offended by it, go cry in the corner, nobody cares.

If you can't gather it's a joke and I have to chew and spit it out for you "this is a funny video about a black male pretending to be a criminal asking about a powder actuated tool that will be used as a weapon and an unsuspecting white middle class sales clerk giving him an advice" - you are a moron.

Also, dear Tom W, I'm not race baiting. What I wanted to explain is that people often see racism where there is none. I have black and asian friends. I'm not Canadian or American myself. We tell jokes about each nation and about our own and nobody gets offended. Racist people are people who believe with their heart that the other race is inferior. I'm not one of them. Nor are the creators of this video. People who make jokes about other races are not necessarily racist.

You are also suggesting to ban me on the basis that I have a different definition of racism? You are kidding yourself, get a grip.

You are also playing Red Herring here, first you depict me as a racist and then you redirect to "would he make the same comments about religion and politics", that's a very low tactic and cheap rhetoric. Talk about issues at hand and not what I could possibly be. Maybe I'm a nazi or a fundamental islamist, who knows, that's not relevant.

I won't discuss anybody's religion because I respect everyone's right to believe or not believe in whatever they want, be it God or santa. So don't even go there.

There is a name for people like you, and the name is "prude". Take your righteous BS and offendedness somewhere else. I'm on this board to discuss tools and have a good time. If this helps you, this video was rated by FCC to meet accepted morals and decency standards and is not rated as explicit. Also, this forum doesn't have COPPA forms during registration so it means it's rated 13+ and therefore legally this is not objectionable material.

Again, I'm not race baiting, and this video is a joke. If you don't find it funny, fine, we have a different sense of humour. But if it's offensive to you, congratulations, nobody cares. I have the same right to be on this forum as you. If anybody, it's prude busybodies like you, Tom W, should be banned.

If you absolutely must, there is a link to report this topic to the moderator, use it.

Have a good day.
                          Last edited by DRC-Wartex; 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what's more entertaining, the video or everyone arguing afterwards.

Comment

[QUOTE=DRC-Wartex;204524]Tom W and BadgerDave,

The purpose of this post is a laugh. This video is a joke. If you are offended by it, go cry in the corner, nobody cares.

Tom W. cares. I care. Amazing how brave some folks care be with a keyboard. I had my say and you had yours. No need for either of us to cry.

Comment

Working...
                              X