X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJ Penn Vs GSP!

This is one I can't wait for! I love GSP but I have to give the edge to Penn. He is just too talented. GSP is a better athlete, but Penn has else...

Any other MMA fans have an opinion?

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: BJ Penn Vs GSP!

GSP has always been one of my favorites to watch. Penn's time is coming and this could be it based on the unpredictability of MMA.

My money's on Penn though. Only reason I say that is Penn has few
    weaknesses. Good at offensive & defensive jiu jitsu. Decent striker. Good chin and for some reason his skin doesn't cut or bruise almost at all compared to others.

The one thing that GSP has in his court is speed. Depending on his attack, he has much more speed which could give him a chance.

Back to you Joe Rogan.

J.C.

(What kind of work are you doing now Stickers?)

Comment

You think it will go five rounds? I have no clue how it will end. They are both dangerous, but I just don't see BJ getting overwhelmed by GSP...GSP getting caught however I can picture. I'm thinking 5 rounds and that if does go the distance it will be GSPs best chance to win.

PS I am in sales now. MY first "house-cat" job except for a few years as a card player. It's a lot easier than commercial fishing or construction, and my silver tongue and honesty serve me well. I'm actually more than surviving, even in this economy. I work for the largest mattress retailer on the west coast...

Eli

Comment

5 rounds. Maybe. I haven't seen all of Penn's bouts but I don't recall him being an overwhelming fighter against competition such as Pierre. More of a slow methodical attack until he sees them in real trouble then he can attack ferociously. May not work with Pierre. I think he'll have to get aggressive by the second round. Good for Penn.

Pierre has speed to get in and out. Leg reach also. Stick, move, strike and outpoint him to 5 rounds. Good for Pierre.

Be interesting to see the outcome.

J.C.

(Do you sale Kingsdown?)

Comment

You're both smoking dope. BJ's biggest weakness has been his endurance and that's where he's going to fail. BJ is better than GSP in jujitsu and hand strikes but not that that much better. GSP will survive 2 rounds and kill him in the 3rd. You heard it hear folks-GSP by TKO at 1:12 in the third round.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            You're both smoking dope. BJ's biggest weakness has been his endurance and that's where he's going to fail. BJ is better than GSP in jujitsu and hand strikes but not that that much better. GSP will survive 2 rounds and kill him in the 3rd. You heard it hear folks-GSP by TKO at 1:12 in the third round.
            Dope! HA! Primer's stronger. Just dip and sip.

The way MMA goes it can be over in less than 30 seconds.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Dope! HA! Primer's stronger. Just dip and sip.

The way MMA goes it can be over in less than 30 seconds.

J.C.
              No kidding! You see Fedor vs Andre last night? But dope smoking not withstanding, there is no question in my mind gsp has better cardio and strength and size, but BJ has way better hands and definitively better BJJ. I know you saw the last time they fought, BJ was robbed IMO. and yes GSP has gotten worlds better since then, but BJ has as well. It wasn't that long ago that GSP looked awful against Serra, Penn hasn't looked bad in a long time.

Anyway I can't wait!

Comment

GSP will win, even though I want BJ to win. My wife is hoping GSP wins based solely on his butt.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

GSP all the way, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                    GSP will win, even though I want BJ to win. My wife is hoping GSP wins based solely on his butt.
                    My gal wants GSP to win based on BJ's Cauliflower ear! "Ewwwww!! His ear is soooo groooosss!"

This one is like balancing an egg on a fence...they are both so good it would hard to be shocked either way.

And what about Machida vs Silva? It will be real test to see if Machida can stay away from such an aggressive fighter.

Eli

PS No kingsdown, only Sealy, Simmons, Tempurpedic, and Select Comfort---we are going to be getting the Vera Wang line from Serta soon--an all latex and foam bed.

Comment

BJ hits hard has a great ground game, GSP has continued to add to his skills. If BJ can't catch him with a good shot, I think GSP will take it. Have to admit it could go either way as we have seen in previous fights. One quick punch and all that training and skill goes down the drain.

Comment

Wow. GSP proved a lot to me. Before this fight I wouldn't have given him a chance against Anderson Silva at 185, but now I think he may be the man with the best chance to challenge him. Even when Penn has been defeated in the past it was never total domination like on Saturday. Still, it doesn't take much away from Penn either, GSP is naturally 50 lbs heavier than him and obviously has a huge size advantage. I guess Penn will have to shut up and rule the lightweights for a while--that is if he recovers from this mentally.

Guess I was smoking drugs after all!

Eli

Comment

I was just suprised the fight was as bad as it was. I was doing laundry and I actually left in the 4th just to put the clothes in the dryer. The guy who impressed me was Machida, that knockout was awsome.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                          X