X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gee Wizz Thanks Al

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
    Sandy,
    How am suppose to be brain washed into believing this "global warming" thing if you keep butting in with FACTS? How did you find facts? I Think The Ministry Of Truth will not be happy, and the Thought Police will surely be knocking your door down soon!

I'm trying to be a good comrade and follow the herd. My telescreen tells me "global warming" is real, therefore it IS!!

I'm Playing with Orwell's 1984.
    Originally posted by The Register Jan. 28
    Hansen has called for energy industry executives to be jailed for dissenting from the man-made warming hypothesis. ®
    Hansen appreciates all you're doing and wants you to stop by for a "chat" at the Church of Climatalogical Ministers.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Wheter global warming is man made or a cycle of earth's nature, it appears that the polar ice is melting to the point that polar bears are endangered. We can disagree over the cause/s but there seems to be evidence that things are changing. Personally, I'm more concerned about our near term economy and not the climate. I used to be upset when I heard about baby seals being clubbed, and similar abuses of nature, but I'm at the point of saying "Hand me a club". Simply meaning that we had better get our priorities straight and quick! Secure our borders and deal with the illegals including the ones we keep alive in our hospitals at a cost of millions, line up those self admitted "enemy combatants" and execute them, take back that bailout money if there is any left and impeach the next legislator to add pork into a bill. Why are we talking about global warming? I can't afford $9.50 for a gallon of corn oil, let's fix that problem!!!

Comment

4.?? Billion to ACORN. How will this stimulate anything but corruption?
        If you come across an extra club send it my way!
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

You know what Gene? A good liberal never let's the facts get in the way.

Nice post Sandy. Thanks for doing the research.
          sigpic

Comment

On the polar ice cap subject. The water isn't leaving the Earth anytime soon. Frozen or liquid, I don't care. If you have beach front property, sell it. If you have desert property, build a boat dock.

Personaly, I'm more concerned about unseen rocks 2 miles thick hurtling through space on a collision course with us.

The End Is Near!

We had an ice storm come through here last night. It's late January. Hey Al, is that from Global Warming?
            Last edited by plumberscrack; 01-29-2009, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              On the polar ice cap subject. The water isn't leaving the Earth anytime soon. Frozen or solid, I don't care. If you have beach front property, sell it. If you have desert property, build a boat dock.

Personaly, I'm more concerned about unseen rocks 2 miles thick hurtling through space on a collision course with us.

The End Is Near!

We had an ice storm come through here last night. It's late January. Hey Al, is that from Global Warming?
              I agree the end is near, but at the off chance it doesn't happen in the next couple of years, sure would be nice to see the economy back on track. The polar bears are on their own.

Comment

I thank Al Gore everyday for coming up with global warming. Just think how much colder we'd be without it!

Andy

Comment

How do global warming deny'rs know what scientific research to believe and which to make fun of on a tool forum?

Only the research with liberal spokespeople?

Is there any other scientific research that you would deny?

I'm middle of the road politically with a lean towards liberal, but don't get me wrong, I drive my gas guzzling van and my wife drives the gas guzzling car, and we don't recycle. We're no tree huggers.

...but if they invent a work van thats as strong, big, and holds as much weight as your current van, but doubles the fuel efficiency and you can afford it, would you not buy it, because Al Gore brought the reason you should own it to the forefront? I'd buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                    ...but if they invent a work van thats as strong, big, and holds as much weight as your current van, but doubles the fuel efficiency and you can afford it, would you not buy it, because Al Gore brought the reason you should own it to the forefront? I'd buy it.
                    If it is twice as fuel efficient, I would have no problem buying it if it saved money. Saving money and using less fuel (because many people who produce oil are evil) is a much different motivation than cutting emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                      How do global warming deny'rs know what scientific research to believe and which to make fun of on a tool forum?

Only the research with liberal spokespeople?

Is there any other scientific research that you would deny?

I'm middle of the road politically with a lean towards liberal, but don't get me wrong, I drive my gas guzzling van and my wife drives the gas guzzling car, and we don't recycle. We're no tree huggers.

Lenny, every time I hear the words "tree hugger" I think of the fires in California and how much damage might have been prevented if there were fire breaks, clearing of brush and trees that posed a hazard in the event of a wildfire removed beforehand. Whether it is saving trees , deer, alligators or something else proper thought should take place instead of emotions. I'd rather clear some trees than have my house burn down and I'd rather thin out some deer than have them starve to death.

Comment

It better get hotter than hell this year, I got 150 grand riding on it! Damn you Al Gore, DAMN YOU!!!!!
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
                          Lenny,glad you and yours made it.

congrats on the business startup.

when are you going to set that mule down?(joking)(I have seen that picture many times)
                          I have my eye on one where a guy in a suit is sticking his own head up his a$$, Might be too offensive though.

searching for something funny

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                            If it is twice as fuel efficient, I would have no problem buying it if it saved money. Saving money and using less fuel (because many people who produce oil are evil) is a much different motivation than cutting emissions.
                            Making more fuel efficient vehicles helps all around. Using less gas will produce less emissions. Helping our wallets, and our environment. It's a win-win situation.

What if the scientists studying the effects we're having on the environment are right?

I want scientists to learn as much as possible, to help make our lives all the better. Think about how much science has given us so far (minus nuclear weapons )

Comment

Eh. It's about time we come up with a better way to power our cars, houses and economy than crude oil. If it's because of Gore, a desire to stop enriching the part of the world that wants to harm us or just to be on the forefront of the next wave of technology that kick-starts innovation and our economy I don't care. Oil is a dirty fuel, a dirty business and should be obsolete as soon as possible IM-liberal-O. That's where I stand on it for my own sensibilities, and any reason I can come up with to shore that up or the right wingers around here can come with to poo-poo it is cattle methane in the wind.

I like the idea of cleaner air. I like the idea of less pollution. I like the idea of trying to make things better for our country and I like the idea of getting off the Saudi/Iranian/Venezuelan teet. If it makes Al Gore and his cronies rich in the mean time it is no worse than the current crop of power structure cronies protecting the old guard with every breath. Eff em all.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and I'll be shocked if I don't end up in the breeze by my lonesome.

*Ahem* I am willing, right here and right now to admit that my feelings, what science I pick and choose to believe, the talking heads I choose to listen to and the ones I choose to demonize has little to do with any REAL expertise and everything to do with what fits my own politics. I may be mostly right, I may be mostly wrong, but I am for sure not 100% right or wrong about any of this crap.

Signed Eli
                              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I do what I can to conserve and recycle and as money permits, will be making some energy efficiency upgrades to my home in the next couple of years. What I don't like is having Al Gore telling me to reduce my carbon footprint when his annual electric bill for his home approaches 30k! What is wrong with this picture for 2 people who's household usage is 10x the national average. I feel guilty about heating/cooling my home with a 24 y/o heat pump that refuses to die and force me to replace it! (not that I have an extra 4 grand lying around) He also had gas lanterns burning in his yard for no reason other than decoration. After the press got a hold of it he spent 7 million on solar panels and other upgrades but I haven't seen what the results are. But in the meantime he is telling the rest of us who are happy if we have a couple of bucks at the end of the month to put in savings that we should reduce our carbon footprint! If a half dozen of the filthy rich moved into average size homes and closed their monstrosities up, it would do more good than if 50 of us maximized our efficiency.

Comment

Working...
                                X