Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gee Wizz Thanks Al

Originally posted by JTROANOKE View Post
    I do what I can to conserve and recycle and as money permits, will be making some energy efficiency upgrades to my home in the next couple of years. What I don't like is having Al Gore telling me to reduce my carbon footprint when his annual electric bill for his home approaches 30k! What is wrong with this picture for 2 people who's household usage is 10x the national average. I feel guilty about heating/cooling my home with a 24 y/o heat pump that refuses to die and force me to replace it! (not that I have an extra 4 grand lying around) He also had gas lanterns burning in his yard for no reason other than decoration. After the press got a hold of it he spent 7 million on solar panels and other upgrades but I haven't seen what the results are. But in the meantime he is telling the rest of us who are happy if we have a couple of bucks at the end of the month to put in savings that we should reduce our carbon footprint! If a half dozen of the filthy rich moved into average size homes and closed their monstrosities up, it would do more good than if 50 of us maximized our efficiency.
    Al Gore is a dip. There is no denying or getting around that. He is a politician. I'm sure he has many ulterior motives for every word that comes out of his mouth, but even the worst of his kind can't be wrong about everything they say.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Obama promised change, I think the banks need to start lending some of their bailout money or give it back. If billions were directed towards the mass production of solar panels and the installions of those panels along with the manufacturing of windmills and their mass installations we would be reducing our carbon footprint, move towards energy independance and employ Americans in jobs that keep our dollars in our economy. Our legislators still don't get it, they are still putting "pork" into a stimulus bill meant to create jobs.

Comment

during the 1600's it has beeen recorded in captain's log books that there was a mini ice age. "even the warmest skins could not keep a man warm."

i don't mind the warming part. i've used alot less heating fuel this year.

my people can be very hypocritical at times. the gov't big wigs are the first to express their opinions about global warming, and yet when i walk by the gov't building, every single vehicle was idling 1/2 an hour before lunch. some of my people are idiots.

Vince

we have 1 wind generator up here. experimental. experimental!!?? what else do they need to study? experimental all right.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Obama promised change, I think the banks need to start lending some of their bailout money or give it back.
          I've been talking about refinancing with two people at work. One guy got Wells Fargo to give him a new loan at a lower rate; and they paid all the costs (he is smart enough to know them paying the costs vs. no money down adding it to the principal). The other is very wary, because the city of Yonkers has a 1.8% mortgage recording tax. I can't refinance because I have almost no equity.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post

my people can be very hypocritical at times. the gov't big wigs are the first to express their opinions about global warming, and yet when i walk by the gov't building, every single vehicle was idling 1/2 an hour before lunch. some of my people are idiots.

Vince
            Vince thats the sort a stuff that bugs me. For me it's air conditioning. People want to force conservation on me but they want to cool there house for no other reason then comfort. Like I said I will only take a conservationist serious if they don't use A.C. I figure anybody useing A.C. has put there comfort way above the good of the planet. Deep down they know it and will make all excuses to keep using it.

Comment

Takes centuries for this much ice to form and its melting and cracking.

"An ice bridge linking a shelf of ice the size of Jamaica to two islands in Antarctica has snapped."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7984054.stm

Comment

Too bad they didn't give more information. I'd like to know how far it can travel now that it's not anchored? Will it melt faster now? Is there anything to that theory of desalination of the oceans and the next ice age like shown in the movie " The Day After Tomorrow"?

Comment

Working...
                X