Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee Wizz Thanks Al

We're about to get another 16" of global warming

If I could find Al Gore, I'd wrap my fingers around his fat neck and and....

Anybody out there still believe this crap?

Record cold so far this year
    Broke the record for snow fall last year
    Way over the normal snow fall this year.

sigpic

Re: Gee Wizz Thanks Al

Global warming does not mean literally that everything will become hotter. It involves imbalance of weather phenomena due to high amount of CO2 in the atmosphere (and other factors) and trapping of heat from the sun. Some areas will become colder due to global warming. It is real and it happens as we speak.

We produce more CO2 than the earth can process, this is a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Comment

VASandy.Explained all of the symptoms very well in her previous post.
      I have been watching and believe the human parasite is doing quite well at disrupting the earths entire ecosystem.
      We are having a great summer this January.
      Wait till hurricane season.

Yeah,I'm in for a $100.

Comment

It's a well accepted science, just like evolution.

Of course some don't believe in that either.

Oops, controversy alert, moving on!

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I do think that Global Warming is a load of crap, but one cold winter doesn't mean anything.

Of course, the global warming crowd blames cold winters on global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            VASandy.Explained all of the symptoms very well in her previous post.
            I have been watching and believe the human parasite is doing quite well at disrupting the earths entire ecosystem.
            We are having a great summer this January.
            Wait till hurricane season.

Yeah,I'm in for a $100.
            One of the effects of Global Warming

Intense Hurricanes

When I left, my truck was parked in the yard to the right. Katrina put it in my neighbors yard.

The picture of the boots was my living room floor.
            Attached Files

Lenny

Comment

I watched a documentary called "The Day After Tomorrow" and it seems that once enough fresh water melts from the glaciers and dilutes the oceans, we're gonners. Dawn of the next iceage due to warming. Got just about enough grits and canned Spam to last me, chainsaws all ready for making firewood, and plenty of ammo. Even if Global warming don't get us, all sorts of nuts are predicting the end by 2012. Eat, drink and be merry.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                One of the effects of Global Warming

Intense Hurricanes

When I left, my truck was parked in the yard to the right. Katrina put it in my neighbors yard.

The picture of the boots was my living room floor.
                Lenny, that must have been some tough times. I know a few phone guys from NY who volunteered to go there thinking they would be making big money helping to do needed work and also enjoy themselves on their off time. Little did they realize how devistated the area was, plenty of insects, heat and mud! Wake up call from the easy life up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I watched a documentary called "The Day After Tomorrow" and it seems that once enough fresh water melts from the glaciers and dilutes the oceans, we're gonners. Dawn of the next iceage due to warming. Got just about enough grits and canned Spam to last me, chainsaws all ready for making firewood, and plenty of ammo. Even if Global warming don't get us, all sorts of nuts are predicting the end by 2012. Eat, drink and be merry.
                  What more could a guy ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    What more could a guy ask for.
                    Kool Aid? Come on no one called me on the word "documentary"? Do love the grits and spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Lenny, that must have been some tough times. I know a few phone guys from NY who volunteered to go there thinking they would be making big money helping to do needed work and also enjoy themselves on their off time. Little did they realize how devistated the area was, plenty of insects, heat and mud! Wake up call from the easy life up here.
                      It was scary at first, out of work for four months, living in a hotel three hours away, didn't know what we were going to do. And my story is nothing.

I know a guy in his eighties who lost his sister and two nephews, missing without a trace, no bodies. 1500 others dead also.

Can't sit around feeling sorry for yourself though. Got alot of help from FEMA. Started my own business and I never looked back. Took lemons and made lemonade type story.

Alot of people couldn't deal with what happened and are still having a hard time recovering. I hear the stories all of the time still. Contractor stole my money, insurance screwed me, local government can't get their $h:t together holding up the process. High suicide rates. Murder rate undeterred by storm.

There's just something about this place we love though.

Lenny

Comment

Lenny that is quite a story. You could probably write a book! You're a survior for sure. As for New Orleans, reminds me of one of my favorite songs. Hope you enjoyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7JSTHldGpE&feature=related.

Comment

Sorry for the thread hijacking.

Thanks Frankie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDhFsrpJH0

Lenny

Comment

I don't know, but if you actually look past the "warming' part in the "name" and do ten minutes of reading or even have someone read to you about it, you'll find out that colder in some parts of the world and hotter in other parts is EXACTLY what the proponents of this theory expect. Yes it is just a theory and while you having to shovel your driveway doesn't prove or disprove a thing, it actually backs what "THEY" say if you cared to find out what that is.

Is it human caused? I don't know. Neither do you. Neither does Gore. But they have been talking about this (greenhouse effect) since I was in 3rd grade. It was T-shirt weather here in the Bay Area today, and that is "warm", so by MY simplistic personal anecdotal evidence Gore must be right about everything he ever said. Ever.

Eli
                            Last edited by woodenstickers; 01-28-2009, 02:34 AM.
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I was taught global cooling, global warming, I had to watch videos of how we would run out of space to put our garbage, I was taught we would run out of gas in 20 years. Thank God the AIDS scare came along that took my mind off the enviroment. Then I was taught we would all have family members dieing and suffering from aids in the near future. I think they should have spent more time teaching me to spell. I am synical about all that crap.

Besides until the people preaching climate change turn off there air conditioners they are a little hypocrital...... oh it doesn't matter Al Gore won't live in a smaller house, won't stop flying private jets and nobody will turn off there A.C. I'm not saying turn it up I mean turn it off. Thats how we lived a few years ago. It was hot then and I'm sure people died from the heat but most lived. Anyway thats the standard I measure an enviromentalist by.

Comment

Working...
                              X