I'm a Capitalist!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm a Capitalist!

I'm just glad to have a job more than anything. The paycheck has been good so far, but I don't have any expectation that it will last and I am saving as much as I can. This is contrary to what I hope other people will do, so am I really doing my part?
    If people put their money in banks, maybe the banks wouldn't have so much of a liquidity crisis that the government would need to give them capital?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      If people put their money in banks, maybe the banks wouldn't have so much of a liquidity crisis that the government would need to give them capital?
      I didn't think of that. I don't know, man, I think I'm going to stick my head in the sand and just keep working, saving and hoping.
      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
        I didn't think of that. I don't know, man, I think I'm going to stick my head in the sand and just keep working, saving and hoping.
        And people like you, me, and the rest of us going to work and doing something of value are going to be what pulls us out of this mess.

Hrrrm, maybe I should work instead of goofing off on the forum. I blame Visio and copyediting for sucking the life out of me.

Comment

I got promoted again. I am now the manager of the third highest volume store int he district. I am proud for having moved up so quickly but am a little overwhelmed too. I had been planning to go back to school when I first took this job because of the flexible hours, but as a manager I have to put a minimum of 46 hrs per week in. I am averaging more around 50. It all happened very fast--7 months from hitting the floor to assistant manager to manager. I'm just now lifting my head up and realizing where I am and what it means though.

Ah well. Just keep working my butt off and see where i end up next I guess. The only other guy to move up this fast in our company history is now a big wig in corporate. He also has a trades background.

The funniest part to me is the people who are bitter at my success. People who have never worked with me but decided I got it because I'm white, or suck up to management, or have fleeced the system. These same guys take naps at work, have bad numbers and have been working here for years without moving up. Just by taking the tiny effort to do things the right way instead of the "short cut" that is really no easier has set me head and shoulders above the pack--but they don't get it because they have never had a hard job in their lives that demands accountability. This is the rule and my hard (not even really hard) work becomes the exception. Makes me a shark in a guppy pond.

This to me is our worst problem as a country. We are going to get eaten up as long as my generation and even worse the ones below me are setting such a low standard. Even worse than Bush. There I said it!

Eli
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Working...
          X