No announcement yet.

Economic freefall

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic freefall

More dismal news:
    How much longer will the economy continue to contract? It seems every month is worse than the last. This has already been a long recession, but it looks like it will continue for a long while. Even though I am very busy in my somewhat recession-proof plumbing repair business, I have noticed a difference. It seems more people are worried about the costs of home repairs, and more people are "going without" and just letting their plumbing systems fall apart. I keep thinking that a rebound is around the corner, but so far we just continue to freefall. Some analysts are expecting unemployment to hit 10% by the end of 2009. Kind of scary.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Economic freefall

I don't want to sound like an old fart predicting doom and gloom but I don't see signs of improvement. I think it took a good thirty years to get to our current economic mess. The loss of tens of thousands of jobs, twenty million or more illegals burdening our economy (yes I know they are hard working folks) consumer debt thanks to abuse of credit cards, massive trade deficit. Come on let's at least admit no bailout or stimulus plan can undo all that damage. I am sincerely happy for you guys who have recession proof jobs and I feel bad for the folks who are losing their jobs by the thousands. I just don't see the magic bullet that's gonna turn things around. We discuss a lot of different subjects here and the conversation is educational, entertaining and sometimes heated. I'd like to see everyone remain calm as things get worse because there is only so much we have control over. Tough times come and go, tough people who never give in or give up can make a difference. Don't expect things to get better any time soon and don't let that get you down. Work you business, take care of your health and be good to your family and friends.