• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Vince !

Have you ever heard of Kugluktuk?
    sigpic

Re: Hey Vince !

I just Googled it and that would be a looooong walk (1,000+ miles) from Rankin Inlet.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Have you ever heard of Kugluktuk?
      yes i have.

do you have family there?

Vince

Comment

Nope. A buddy of mine want's to do an archeological survey around the Pteradactyl lake area and was wondering if there was any place to stay around there. A couple others of us wondering if the fishing is any good.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Nope. A buddy of mine want's to do an archeological survey around the Pteradactyl lake area and was wondering if there was any place to stay around there. A couple others of us wondering if the fishing is any good.
          in most communities up here there are the "Inns North" hotel chain. bed & breakfast places are slowly popping up here and there.

bring heavy duty fishing gear. land locked arctic char is my favorite.

Vince

up here because of the cold water, a 18" fish is about 50 years old

Comment

Vince,

If you know, what is the difference between an Arctic Char and a Lake Char (also known as Lake Trout, Mackinaw or Lake Char)? I know the Arctic Char can live in both seawater or fresh water but I was wondering more about their physical attributes. The lake we fish in Utah has 40+ pound Mackinaws in it but I am lucky to catch a 12-pounder.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Vince,

If you know, what is the difference between an Arctic Char and a Lake Char (also known as Lake Trout, Mackinaw or Lake Char)? I know the Arctic Char can live in both seawater or fresh water but I was wondering more about their physical attributes. The lake we fish in Utah has 40+ pound Mackinaws in it but I am lucky to catch a 12-pounder.

Mark
              i'm not sure about the fish your talking about Mark, up here we have the arctic char, trout, rock cod, greyling, and scallops.

east from here there are halibut.

mark, use the 12 pounder as bait for the 40 lb'er.

Vince

Comment

Working...
              X