X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Hero

I hear Michael Phelps plans on making $100,000,000 in endorsements this year for his spectacular achievements.

What a great role model for young americans.

Re: American Hero

Are you speaking of the achievement of smoking pot at a party and getting photographed doing it? That little high will surly cost him millions in endorsement contracts.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Is part of his endosment for "bong water"

G3

Comment

What a guy does in his basement behind closed doors is none of my business but then again, I don't have the hopes and dreams of millions on my broad shoulders either.

In this digital age you gotta watch who your friends are.

I'm such a hypocrite

He'll be ok. Just look at our Mayor Marion Barry. Caught smoking crack with some ho on video and was voted black into office!

Not once, but twice!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          I'm such a hypocrite

He'll be ok. Just look at our Mayor Marion Barry. Caught smoking crack with some ho on video and was voted black into office!

Not once, but twice!

I love typos like this
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Freudian slip

Comment

I'd settle for $20,000,000, if he loses endorsement deals. I'm sure he's made at least that so far.

It will buy him a lot of sweet leaf.

I have a real hard time feeling bad for the rich.

Whaah Whaah

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                What a guy does in his basement behind closed doors is none of my business but then again, I don't have the hopes and dreams of millions on my broad shoulders either.

In this digital age you gotta watch who your friends are.

I'm such a hypocrite

Not once, but twice!

.....dude, pass me the pipe. I mean what did he think he was doing smoking pot?

Mark

Disclaimer: I did inhale but I have not touched the stuff in over 38-years. I'm not sure this will even be an issue anymore. Before Obama was even a candidate he openly admitted to both pot and cocaine use and it was almost a non-issue.
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Oh come one... our last 2 presidents (BHO, GWB) have done drugs. Its no big deal everyone does it.

Comment

I would bet that the number of people, in the U.S. at least, who have not used any type of illegal drugs has got to be less than 20%.

I don't understand him being classified as a hero

Soldiers, policemen, firemen, people who risk their lives to help others, I consider heroes.

What's heroic about swimming back and forth in a pool faster than anyone else?

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                      I would bet that the number of people, in the U.S. at least, who have not used any type of illegal drugs has got to be less than 20%.

I don't understand him being classified as a hero

Soldiers, policemen, firemen, people who risk their lives to help others, I consider heroes.

What's heroic about swimming back and forth in a pool faster than anyone else?
                      I don't know I have sons and son-in-laws who are or have been soldiers, policemen and firemen and they think he's a hero as well. He has achieve what no man before him has ever been able to do and he did it in the name of our Country.

Mark

Comment

Good point Mark. However it is people like your sons and son in law or past soldiers who are the real heros. If they aren't there Michael Phelps may not be able to swim or compete in a game of any nature. I say our soldiers need the recognition and endorsements. Let's get some veterans on the tube advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by cdia1960 View Post
                          Good point Mark. However it is people like your sons and son in law or past soldiers who are the real heros. If they aren't there Michael Phelps may not be able to swim or compete in a game of any nature. I say our soldiers need the recognition and endorsements. Let's get some veterans on the tube advertising.
                          I agree 100% with you but at the same time I would not take anything away from Phelps.

Mark

Comment

I consider Phelps' achievments as an athlete deserving of attention, admiration and for some heroic. I also see him as a young man who has gotten all sorts of attention that may have gone to his head. I've never done drugs, but I wouldn't demonize him for doing something that most Americans have at least tired at some point. I believe if he speaks out against drug use, and is able to reach some of his fans who heed his advise, that would be a great result from a very embarassing and unforunate revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              I believe if he speaks out against drug use, and is able to reach some of his fans who heed his advise, that would be a great result from a very embarassing and unforunate revelation.
                              Who would believe him? Not me. Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Working...
                              X