Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swap Shop / Flea Market - Kicking around the idea.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swap Shop / Flea Market - Kicking around the idea.

I think it would be great. Plumbers, Carpenters, Electricians, Woodworkers all have one thing in common, tools.

I can understand the extra work it would cause you, but I really don't grasp how it could negatively affect a member of this forum.

Call me crazy, but I like it.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      It would be fine. Must have 3,000 posts to buy or sell though.

Locked out otherwise.

J.C.
      And look at you shine

Comment

in all seriousness, maybe members and above only can sell, no junior members. it'd give Rick a place to unload those extra sectionals.

anyone can buy, if the money doesn't come through, you
        don't send the item; it's pretty safe that way for everyone but the buyer.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I also suggest no toilet seat bidets.
          What do you mean? That is what the first item for sale is!
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Oh Yeah...I'm sorry I was refering to another potential vendor.

Oh-No,By all means...You should be able to bring in a pretty penny for that pony

Comment

i think we should give it a try if it does not work shut it down

you may need another monitor or to if josh is to busy and pick some one from the wood side that has bin here for a long time .

i like the 100 post rule it will keep out the people stopping it once .

i say this site police's it's self some what so it might work

and im looking for a toilet seat bidet.
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I like it and think we should try it out.

Charlie,
                I'll trade you a toilet seat bidet for a trailer jetter
                I'll even sweeten the pot and throw in a copy of 'The story of Edger Sawtell' since you like dogs so much
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  in all seriousness, maybe members and above only can sell, no junior members. it'd give Rick a place to unload those extra sectionals.

anyone can buy, if the money doesn't come through, you
                  don't send the item; it's pretty safe that way for everyone but the buyer.
                  Oh Great,
                  You just had to go and say it.

Moe,
                  SHUSH!!!
                  Your only justifieing the demand for his tools.
                  The smart thing to do is align yourself with us feeding this type A heart attack candidate milkshakes and artery clogging burgers.The hard part will be trying to barter with Joey.Rick definately picked a good one to take care of his toys.

Comment

Why not give it a try and if it gets out of hand, KABOOM it and fast. I think most of us can behave enough to make it work well for everyone. I would put some limits on how many items a member can list unless it's an estate and either Josh or Mark have some good proof it really is an estate sale where L of A (L of A = court issued legal document) have been issued and the seller is a blood relative of the deceased.

Here would be an example: Let's say I have 3 power tools and 12 hand tools all of different types. Limit me to how many things I can list in say a 30 day time frame. That should discourage and curb any commercial sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      So YOU'RE the one pushing for this huh?
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                        So YOU'RE the one pushing for this huh?
                        Not really. I just didn't want to lose out on an opportunity to pawn off the stupid thing already.

I personally always liked that Rick was on the forum, because it is cheaper than ebay Now Josh is thinking of going and ruining my good thing
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

You should mail it to a Forum member at Christmas. Then they could mail it to another member the next year. The bidet seat would never die.

J.C.

Comment

you think i have a lot of post now

if i were to list all my excess goods, it would turn the 200,000 post thread history.

maybe what would be better is to only allow a person to post what they want. then people like myself can respond via a p.m. and try to hash out the deal.

someone wants a special tool, hard to find part, they post and we then respond with the p.m. the original poster then can cancel the need if its been filled.

truthfully, i think this is a better way to keep it from getting out of hand

chances are we all have stuff to sell, trade. but if we all start to post what we have for sale, it will actually distract from the forum we've worked hard on to keep it a tight knit group.

think about it

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Joey has already sent me a list with prices at ten cents on the dollar. I'm just not sure where I'd store her trenchless machine, although it seemed like $3,000 including the trailer was a fair price to pay.

Mark
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 02-06-2009, 02:58 PM.
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                you think i have a lot of post now

if i were to list all my excess goods, it would turn the 200,000 post thread history.

maybe what would be better is to only allow a person to post what they want. then people like myself can respond via a p.m. and try to hash out the deal.

someone wants a special tool, hard to find part, they post and we then respond with the p.m. the original poster then can cancel the need if its been filled.

truthfully, i think this is a better way to keep it from getting out of hand

chances are we all have stuff to sell, trade. but if we all start to post what we have for sale, it will actually distract from the forum we've worked hard on to keep it a tight knit group.

think about it

rick.
                                This would invite spammers to hit everyone hard in PMs and not get booted for spamming the forums. I think it would work fine if limited to senior members and not beginners. Might think of making a member of trust into a moderator to watch over the forum and stop any wrong posts quickly.
                                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                                X