X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Rates Go Up On 05/11/2009

To find out about the new higher postage rates that go into effect on May 11, 2009, click the link below.
    http://www.usps.com/prices/pricechanges.htm

Businesses should download and print out this .PDF file which is 42 pages long.
    http://pe.usps.com/PriceChange_May20.../PriceList.pdf
    Last edited by Woussko; 02-12-2009, 05:11 PM.

Re: USPS Rates Go Up On 05/11/2009

No one cares that postage rates will go up???

I'm glad I stocked up on first class "Forever" stamps but they aren't going to last me through the whole year. I'll just cut down on how much mail I send.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      No one cares that postage rates will go up???
      The only thing I send is Netflix and bills. I'm using my CC and auto-payments from the bank for more of the bills now. It is great for the car payments, because I have it set so that for the next X months they get a check and I don't need to worry about forgetting about it (or spend the money on a stamp).

Comment

I can't see that's it's going to cost me more than $2.00 a month. One Red Bull costs more than that.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Ya know, the Post Office is the ONLY government body that is self-funded... So don't knock that $0.44 will get any paper document from here to ... well, anywhere in the world (if you count military bases).

My opinion, for several years, is that they should just raise the darn postage to $0.50, and then leave it for 10 years. The first few years they'd have a surplus, and the last few it might too little. But for F*s sake, postage has changed nearly every year for the last 10 years. Finding 1-cent stamps, then 2-cent to tack on there is annnnnnoying. I don't give a hoot about wasting two full-price stamps sending something, since I only send about two pieces of first-class-postage mail a month. But for some reason that "wasted" 41-cents gets my wife's goat.

Comment

Just try hard to stock up on the FOREVER first ounce first class stamps before the price rises. Then you'll be set for some time. If you do need 1 cent stamps ask at the Post Office. Normally they have a good stock.

As of now the FOREVER postage stamp is still 42 cents. I know there are a good many of them around, so maybe now it's time to stock up.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
              Ya know, the Post Office is the ONLY government body that is self-funded... So don't knock that $0.44 will get any paper document from here to ... well, anywhere in the world (if you count military bases).
              It is definitely a good deal, when you need to send something; but if you can avoid sending it in the first place it is a better deal.

I don't think they should just raise to $.50, if it is $.45 or whatever that is fine; but they should just get rid of face valued stamps for simple letters. The extra overhead of that $0.01 or $0.02 stamp can not be worth the hassle (printing, paying people to sell it to you etc.)

Comment

Working...
              X