X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Lifetime warranty a scam?

The lifetime warranty claim is true and legit but the registration of items have been taking really long times right about 6 to 8 months.

But for the past years, they seem to be getting worse at the turnaround time, but still, they get the job done which is the main issue here. Should you need a warranty claim before they change the status to lifetime, they will oblige to helping you.

Comment

I'm trying to send in receipt and upc but i cant find it on the box of my drill/driver. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Comment

What is it that you can't find? If it's the mailing address, that should be in your Owners Manual. If it's the UPC and you bought a kit then it may be on the main box that the kit comes in.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks, yes the UPC. Its not on the box. Ive looked about 10 times, no bar code nothing, just a small sticker with some numbers.

Comment

By Jove.......I think you've found it!
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

UPCs are not applied on a sticker, they are printed on the box. Was the tool a return? When I buy returns, half of my puchases are missing the UPC from the box, the first purchaser removed it to register the tool. If it came from Ebay, or other unauthorized reseller, it does not matter as the tool does not qualify for the LLSA.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

No, it was bought off the shelf from home depot. Nothing cut from box, only thing i can think of is that it had a cardboard overwrap on it with it on it, i tossed that away not thinking.

Comment

Fyerfytre,

I suggest you call "Customer Service" and discuss the issue with them. If in fact there is no printed UPC on the box, they should be able to give you whatever options are necessary (I've heard this before, but don't recall the particular tool).

Even if you have absentmindedly thrown the box away (and certainly, this has happened to many of us), they may well give you some option. In the past, there have been times when a promotion was in place that required the UPC and in such cases, the "registration requirement for the UPC" has been waved. I also would not take a "refusal" by your first contact either... and would certainly make another attempt. (While I think the process is simple enough, I can understand that some buyers are just so excited to get that new tool into use, that the "registration" process sometimes gets second priority and by then the carton may well have been scrapped.... in which case, it's too bad that all the necessary paper work isn't IN THE CARTON and properly marked as "Required for Registration!".

Whatever the reason, I would not let this opportunity to register for the LLSA pass you by... it is well worth whatever effort may be required by you to get this "UPC" thing clarified. Regardless of those posts questioning the validity and/or usefullness of the LLSA, it is a valid and honored offer. It does take some time to get registered though and in my own experience it can be anywhere between four and seven months. Regardless of the time, the purchaser should call after four month, and keep calling until the situation is straightened out. While the time it takes on Ridgid's end is pretty ridiculous (IMHO), the effort on your part is worth it.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thanks CWS I will give them a call and see if I can figure something out. I registered them online so far but I will give them a call.

Comment

Clearly, there is some degree of scam going on. It seems that a lot of people also get their tools registered successfully, so I think this is just Ridgid personnel being incompetent, not a deliberate scam. I even have another tool successfully registered with them.

I bought a cordless tool set (from Home Depot, of course) a few years ago, and have since discovered that they did not activate my LSA after I sent them their paperwork.

It is absolutely clear that this is Ridgid's fault, as I have send in additional copies of the paperwork I originally submitted TWICE now, and only received a response the second time, so they've lost 2 out of 3 of the things I've mailed to them pertaining to these tools.

I quite clearly paid for this service, and am now being told that Ridgid will deny me it based on their flimsy excuse of someone else having lost the paperwork, even despite the fact that the contract exists between myself and Ridgid and I cannot see how a third party can invalidate it when I have fulfilled my obligations.

If anyone else is considering class action, please feel free to contact me. I'm going to phone them and demand that they rectify the situation immediately, but if that is unsuccessful I would be happy to provide testimony of my observations indicating that Ridgid, not the postal service, lost my mail.

Comment

Phox, this thread started in 2009! and for the most part ended in 2011
                        Why you're responding to this is beyond me.

There are more current discussions regarding the LSA program, it's challenges and successes.

By the way there are VERY SPECIFIC instructions you must follow to register the tool for the LSA program!

I as others have gone over this in great detail many times...here is a Reader's Digest version:

You have a 90 day warranty this also allows you to return it if not satisfied
                        You then have a 3 year warranty typical boiler plate warranty stuff MFG defects etc.

Then you have the option to participate in the LSA program..Registration information is provided with the tool
                        and in the registration website here. Buying tools on E-bay do not qualify!

I'll add the following:
                        photocopy everything you submit for proof later on if there is a problem.
                        Also send your registration registered signature return receipt required..This gives you a paper trail
                        at Ridgid tools should you require tracking.

The LSA recognition on your "dashboard" list of registered tools will take a while...perhaps 3-6 months.

Cactus Man

Comment

OK guys good news for those asking why your tool doesnt show LSA status. Call Ridgid 1 866 539 1710 an wait 25 minutes on hold! Explain you submitted all neccasary stuff. I really did. They will ask for your phone number so they can pull up your account...Guy explained they are working Septembers right now. I explained I mailed it in July or August! He said wait 24 hours an it will be taken care of an show your LSA! I will be happy if this really is that simple a fix. I will update.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                            Phox, this thread started in 2009! and for the most part ended in 2011
                            Why you're responding to this is beyond me.

...SNIP...

Cactus Man

Why Cactus Man needs to be rude is beyond me!

I still get notices when someone responds to this thread I started, but I don't always respond. There is still serious problems with the LSA. While I was battling Ridgid over the LSA, my circular say handle broke. Home depot replaced it after I explained the issue with Ridgid's LSA.

Since then, the warranty was updated to the LSA for all of the original purchases (took more than a year). But even though I again followed all of thesteps for registering the replacement saw, the replacement does not show up under the LSA, more then two years after the fact.
                            Last edited by wetii; 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

It seemed to me that when I first jumped through all the hoops to register my R2601 sander, this registration process was a purpose built hurdle (like a mail-in rebate) to discourage taking advantage of an advertised feature, the LSA. Why shouldn't it automatically be registered upon checkout at Home Depot, and be done with it. It can only be retail purchased once. This process would be simple, quick, painless and accurate. It could use the Home Depot online account info.
                              The sad truth may be that too many people would then be benefited, to the detriment of Ridgid/Emerson's bottom line. But then the cost savings of eliminating the jobs that do the reciept & UPC checking with data entry might pay some of the warranty repair costs.

Comment

Well, I don't believe in these kind of advertisement.
                                appliance repair san diego
                                refrigerator repair san diego

Comment

Working...
                                X