No announcement yet.

Is Lifetime warranty a scam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gary. I really tried to convince Ridgid to expand their line, offer stand alone, stock the shelves, that got me nowhere. I can't imagine a tradesperson waiting for Ridgid to come around. My Milwaukee tools will fill all my needs going forward. If Ridgid gets busy, I still have plenty of batteries, no hard feelings.

Comment

The process CAN be much easier, as has been said many times before.

For instance I recently purchased a new push mower after my old mower gave its last gasp at 15 years. I went online and registered at the website provided in the instructions. Entered my name and address and phone and created a user id and pass in their system, took all of 5 minutes. Next screen tells me I will receive an email and that I should make a copy of my receipt and send it as an attachment to a reply to that email, and that when that is done my 5 year warranty will be in force.

Less than a minute later I had a email in my inbox from them. I snapped a picture of the receipt using Microsoft Office Lens (if you don't have this GET IT NOW, its free and available for iOS and Android phones) and attached it to my reply email and I was done. Total time less than 15 minutes, more like 10. Oh, and the mower was purchased at Home Depot, so they CAN figure out how to interface their transaction servers with outside systems to validate a purchase.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 08-08-2016, 09:16 PM.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

Comment

• Gary 1
        Gary 1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it only worked that easy every time you wouldn't see all the posts about it on this site. I'm glad you had no problems Bob. I however have not been so lucky......and yes I did follow procedure until it just wasn't worth it anymore

Hell YES it's a scam!! I just got off the phone with them and they say they never got the warranty info and ORIGINAL receipt that they asked to be sent in!! Shame on Home Depot for doing business with such scammers!
      The extra cost I paid for my tools gave me the satisfaction that I was covered for life! I even took pictures of everything I sent in just in case some BS like this occurred!!!!
      SO WRONG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt__Mike View Post
        Hell YES it's a scam!! I just got off the phone with them and they say they never got the warranty info and ORIGINAL receipt that they asked to be sent in!! Shame on Home Depot for doing business with such scammers!
        The extra cost I paid for my tools gave me the satisfaction that I was covered for life! I even took pictures of everything I sent in just in case some BS like this occurred!!!!
        SO WRONG!!!
        i dont know why they say original recpt. I have never sent in my original, used to be copy, which is what i do. What extra cost are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt__Mike View Post
          SO WRONG!!!
          Did you send it with delivery confirmation and show that they accepted your stuff. If so I would suggest you send them all your copies plus proof that the delivery was accepted. Unfortunately the way it works is that the onus is on you to monitor and make sure they've got it in the 90 day window.

Comment

Working...
          X