X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lifetime warranty a scam?

Last September ‘08, I registered $800 worth of cordless power tools for their lifetime warranty on Ridgid’s web site (and mailed documentation). And now February ’09, the tools still have not been updated to lifetime status.
    Many email and phone calls, in the last six months, and I get nothing but excuses as to why my tools are not covered by the lifetime warranty.
    With every email, I am told that if it has been more the 10 weeks, to call. With every phone call I am told that they are behind with processing, and to check back in a couple of weeks. And it has now been twenty five weeks later.

I have since learned that there are thousands of people like me out there. Is it time for a class action lawsuit?

Very dissatisfied customer

Re: Is Lifetime warranty a scam?

did it cost you any money?

Vince

Comment

wetti, fortunately, you came to the right place.
      this forum has all the top ridgid guys who not only monitor this forum, but get a message when there are problems like this.

i'm sure that one of them will be responding soon enough.

there was a transition in the registration process and i know this question comes up regularly.

if you do a search in this forum, there will be a thread that talks about it.

not to worry as other regular members will probably post the link for you.

i know it can be frustrating at times, but i can guarantee you that ridgid is not pulling a fast one on you or anyone other

you will have an official answer before you know it

in the mean time, stick around and read up on all the ridgid stuff that you might not know. it's addicting and informative. plus we give good advise, especially in the plumbing forum

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Wetti,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum. Too bad your first post has to be one out of frustration, but I'm sure we all understand.

I assure you that the Ridgid LLSA is totally legit; but, it has certainly suffered with very long registration times. The last tool that I purchased was registered back in April 08 (12-volt Lithium Drill/Driver) and it didn't show up with the LLSA until January of this year. The batteries and charger are still showing 3-years, but I suspect that will soon be corrected.

Normally, my experience has been five or six months for registration, but last year they messed with the online database and things have been botched up a bit. I suspect that has caused even further delays in the process.

So, don't give up on the LLSA system and don't give up on continueing your phone calls either. I suspect that now you have posted, you'll get some attention too.

Kindest regards, and welcome to the forum (lots of great people here),

CWS

Comment

I agree with wetii. I have been waiting for almost four years for my 3650 to be registered for lifetime parts replacement.

The first year, I called several times to no avail and have posted here in the past with no results.

So much for the folks at Ridgid monitoring the site.

Comment

do you have a claim or just concerned about the status, of the "Life time service agreement",

but unless you are experiences some need some service on the tools, I guess I would not be that worried,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Hi
              Plumber Rick; CWSmith; I hope you are right, but I do have my doubts.

BHD; I have found hundreds of forums discussing this issue. Some tool owners sent there paperwork in more than a year ago.
              The problem is, will they honor the warranty four or five years down the road if the product is not upgraded to the LSA. Corporations are notorious for making things VERY DIFFICULT to warranty products. And Ridgid is no different. Here are just a couple of examples.

I have found postings stating that some service centers are returning tools unrepaired, claiming parts are normal wear items. Last time I read the LSA, most normal wear items were covered. Another post, the battery would last about three minutes, when one service center returned it claiming it tested fine, and had to send it to a second center to get a replacement. And the post go on and on.

Bill

Comment

Sounds like one of those parodies of a motivational poster found in some offices:

I we stop answering the phone perhaps... they'll stop calling us
                In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

There is something seriously wrong with Ridgid customer NO SERVICE!!! I truly regret my decision to buy Ridgid over Dewalt.
                  Whenever I find myself dealing with a company over a service issue, I make every effort to remain polite, but that has become very difficult with Ridgid.

In the last six months, I have tried each month to ask about the status of the LSA. The response is identical each time. I began to wonder if the messages were being read, there not.

Here is the last series of emails;

02/18/09 08:44: Bill

If it has been longer than 10 weeks since you mailed in your submission for the limited lifetime service agreement, you will need to contact the LSA processing group in Ridgid customer service at 1-866-539-1710, to have them check their files for the status of your submission.

Best regards,

Tom Clinkscales
                  Consumer Response
                  One World Technologies, Inc.

02/12/09 19:39: READ THE GOD DAMED MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
                  02/12/09 14:20: Bill

If it has been longer than 10 weeks since you mailed in your submission for the limited lifetime service agreement, you will need to contact the LSA processing group in Ridgid customer service at 1-866-539-1710, to have them check their files for the status of your submission.

Best regards,

Tom Clinkscales
                  Consumer Response
                  One World Technologies, Inc.
                  02/12/09 14:16: Hello
                  Must the Ridgid customers seek legal counsel for the purpose of filing a class action lawsuit against Ridgid regarding the lifetime warranty?
                  It has been since September since sending in my registration information, and countless excuses since, as to why my Ridgid tools still do not have the lifetime warranty.
                  I don¿t want to hear the canned message stating I ¿need to contact the Ridgid promotional processing staff¿. All they give is more excuses.
                  If the response back from Ridgid is not ¿Were sorry, all of your registered Ridgid tools are now covered by the lifetime warranty¿. Then I will begin the process of seeking legal assistance.

Very Dissatisfied Customer
                  (my name clipped)

Comment

Originally posted by wetii View Post
                    Last September ‘08, I registered $800 worth of cordless power tools for their lifetime warranty on Ridgid’s web site (and mailed documentation). And now February ’09, the tools still have not been updated to lifetime status.
                    Many email and phone calls, in the last six months, and I get nothing but excuses as to why my tools are not covered by the lifetime warranty.
                    With every email, I am told that if it has been more the 10 weeks, to call. With every phone call I am told that they are behind with processing, and to check back in a couple of weeks. And it has now been twenty five weeks later.

I have since learned that there are thousands of people like me out there. Is it time for a class action lawsuit?

Very dissatisfied customer

YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT !!!!!!!!

My general suggestion is : If Homedepot is selling RIDGID tools as an official dealer they should handle also warranty returns.

It is just a big sh... if you have to find a service point to get a battery changed.
                    Last edited by Mark0815; 02-22-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Mark0815
                      Go to Home Depot's web site and make yourself heard. I have sent a couple of emails to Home Depot, and gotten a call from their corporate offices. They don't seem to want to take action against Ridgid, because they have not received many complaints about this issue.
                      But they did surprise me by offering to take back, for exchange, a broken tool for the purpose of keeping me a happy customer. So they may be willing to help you with the necessary UPC's for registering your tools. Although the way things are going at Ridgid, I am not sure what good that will do.
                      As for any other people having issues with the LSA, please send your complaints to Home Depot, then maybe, they will put pressure on Ridgid.

Comment

speaking from personal experience, "the squeaky wheel get the oil." if your tools haven't been registered in 3 or 4 years, something is seriously wrong. its time to start writing letters to ridgid with copies of documentation supporting the timely registration of covered tools for the LSA. when ridgid went from the ebox (where all my family's tools reflected LSA registration) to the dashboard, my account, and the accounts of both my sons, were incorrectly reflected. some covered tools were missing and some covered tools now reflected 3 year coverage, not LSA. it took many months of persistence to get this fixed. if you ignore them, they will ignore you. and, in all the tools my family has that are LSA registered, i have never sent a upc to register any of them. keep at it. the potential savings associated with LSA registration is worth the effort.
                        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                          speaking from personal experience, "the squeaky wheel get the oil." if your tools haven't been registered in 3 or 4 years, something is seriously wrong. its time to start writing letters to ridgid with copies of documentation supporting the timely registration of covered tools for the LSA. when ridgid went from the ebox (where all my family's tools reflected LSA registration) to the dashboard, my account, and the accounts of both my sons, were incorrectly reflected. some covered tools were missing and some covered tools now reflected 3 year coverage, not LSA. it took many months of persistence to get this fixed. if you ignore them, they will ignore you. and, in all the tools my family has that are LSA registered, i have never sent a upc to register any of them. keep at it. the potential savings associated with LSA registration is worth the effort.
                          LSA is definitely worth it to me. My ebox conversion to the Dashboard format was a little "Joe'd up" (just this side of "Jacked Up", but not quite jacked) and those items that once showed as Lifetime reverted to three years or warranty status to be determined. Finally, after a polite call yesterday, everything shows as it should and I received an email from Ridgid confirmation department showing each tool, it's serial number, and it's registration identification number correctly identified and quantified. It's taken some time, but I kept it from being adversarial by taking a little at a time as I had so much and I do not know the problems that they go through to try to make things right for me. It might take some time, but you've got a three year warranty on everything and if the tools aren't broken - what's the problem?

Comment

[quote=wetii;210167]

02/18/09 08:44: Bill

if it has been longer than 10 weeks since you mailed in your submission for the limited lifetime service agreement, you will need to contact the lsa processing group in ridgid customer service at 1-866-539-1710, to have them check their files for the status of your submission.

best regards,

tom clinkscales
                            consumer response
                            one world technologies, inc.

2/23/09
                            i called the number and asked for the lsa group. She said they are just now processing the month of August 2008! I'm going to email home depot to make sure they are aware.
                            Ron

Comment

I noticed recently all of my ridgid tools were no longer showing on the new site. I called Ridgid and a very helpful young lady fixed the problem. BTW, they are currently working on equipment purchased in August 2008. So it will be awhile for anything since then. I was impressed with the way they handled the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X