X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the??? Too good to be true!!!

I think this eBay seller is missing the point big time. Here are 26 coin silver dollars, and each has a face value (what your bank would pay you for them) of $1.00 and you can bid on them for just $9.99 for the whole lot (26 of them) and shipping in the USA is only $5.50. If I won them for opening bid, I would be getting $26.00 for only $15.49!!! There just has to be more to this than meets the eye or maybe the seller is totally LOCO??? What do you think?

eBay members please see item #390030820070

By the way the part about "shipping glasses" has to be from some other listing. There are NO glasses as part of this listing.
    Me thinks maybe this seller was sniffing too much carb cleaner again. LOL
    Last edited by Woussko; 02-14-2009, 08:49 AM.

Re: What the??? Too good to be true!!!

They may not be loosing money, even at the opening bid IF they had zero investment to begin with... as in they stole the coins so never paid a dime for them and whatever they get is all profit.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That is kind of odd, for sure. The item location is Rockville, MD. You could actually go get them and save the shipping!
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Here is some good info on what they are.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenhower_Dollar

I might add that looking over the listing well (I logged into my eBay account so I can really see it.) I think this seller must be high on something or has a major need for more ZZZs. The listing is one big mess. Well, I think it is anyway.

<WOUSSKO COMMAND> Run inside your Woussko hut, stay put and hush up. MOVE IT WOUSSKO, MOVE, MOVE, MOVE.
        Last edited by Woussko; 02-14-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Maybe he expects it to go over $26 in the end? Can you tell if there is a reserve?

Comment

Working...
          X