Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 "Luck of the Draw" Video Contest

ok now show you videos

sorry i did not get one in i dont have a way to take one and the people i asked to help never helped
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I posted my video here.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27361

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I posted mine here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7lDQRfG8sM

Comment

Well, I will have to say that I was highly disappointed when Steve called yesterday morning and reported that Ridgid had cancelled the video contest. My senior class put together a pretty damn good video (and it met all the requirements of the contest). I hope Ridgid will post our video on Youtube or at least here on the forum. I think everyone on this site would get quite a kick out of it. Thanks to Steve for the parting prizes.

Later, Jonesy

Comment

I was upset as well; I spent some time on my video. The rules were clearly spelled out and quite frankly there were not that many rules to follow.

Steve noted that many of the videos were disqualified. I would be interested to know just how many videos were submitted and how many actually met all of the rules. Last year there was only 8 submissions, no disqualifications.

Everyone should upload their videos to Youtube and post a link. We can still have a forum vote on the best video that met all of the requirements!

Here is a link to my video. My 2 items were easy, a 2x4 and bottled water.

“RIDGID Ladies”
            Help me make Wishes Come True!
            Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Comment

If "everyone" uploads their videos it will be clear as to why there wasn't enough valid submissions.

Comment

I was so surprised to find that there were so few entries.
                Even more when I found out Rick did not put one together.He told me the day after the competition was ended.

Comment

I'm sure Ridgid is just as disappointed as anyone else that they had to cancel the Video Contest. I would guess they may have spent a pretty penny to have an Attorney write all of the disclaimers and rules, then they hired an outside vendor to accept all of the videos, then all of the mass advertising and finally Steve's time to put it together.

I had mentioned to Josh, a lot of people (me included) were intimidated in how to shoot, edit and upload a video. The new vendor made uploading a breeze and once I figured out Windows Movie Maker editing was a piece of cake. I have since found I had Corel, VideoStudio Pro X2 sitting in my office and installed that and that program totally rocks. I hope Ridgid does not give up on next years Video Contest as I have new software now and more grand kids to make videos of.

Now putting on my liability hat (not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV). I have to wonder, had Ridgid posted Plumberscrack's video with the copyrighted material, would Ridgid, Bill or both pay the royalties each time the video was played? In addition, as much as I liked Cory7's video with that little cutie, were all of the required releases in hand? I know Home Depot is very strict about cameras in their stores, but beyond that every person in the video has the right not to be in a video Ridgid promotes. I have not seen Joney's yet but know he made a staged Home Depot and may or may not have violated certain privacy rules as well.

When we as individuals make videos for our friends and family we can get away with almost anything. When Ridgid promotes a video they open themselves up to all sorts of exposure and need to make sure they protect themselves.

Mark
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 08-08-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

By the way, I did not critique my video as I don't believe any of us would have done anything on purpose. However, if anyone sees anything which would have disqualified my video please feel free to point it out.

Mark
                    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 08-08-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      By the way, I did not critique my video as I don't believe any of us would have done anything on purpose. However, if anyone sees anything which would have disqualified my video please feel free to point it out.

Mark
                      I believe you may have violated child labor laws. Did they get their appropriate breaks? Did you feed them nutritious meals? Did you have an educator on sight to teach them?

I also believe you may have broke puppy laws. Did Rosie get treats? Did she get breaks? Walks? Fed? Watered?

I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        I believe you may have violated child labor laws. Did they get their appropriate breaks?
                        Yes they were well rested while I was editing the video. With the exception of Baylee coming in every few minutes saying "Grandpa, I don't want to put any pressure on you but the deadline is in XX minutes", they hung out with Brenda in the den.

Did you feed them nutritious meals?
                        But of course. Their grandpa makes sure they want for nothing.

Did you have an educator on sight to teach them?
                        All of the shooting took place during their summer break.

I also believe you may have broke puppy laws. Did Rosie get treats? Did she get breaks? Walks? Fed? Watered?

Rosie is always treated like a Rock Star. I have to keep telling Matea to let her down so she can walk because Matea loves to hold her and pamper her.

Comment

"Rosie is always treated like a Rock Star. I have to keep telling Matea to let her down so she can walk because Matea loves to hold her and pamper her." And Rosie is going to be a hunting dog?
                          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                            "Rosie is always treated like a Rock Star. I have to keep telling Matea to let her down so she can walk because Matea loves to hold her and pamper her." And Rosie is going to be a hunting dog?
                            Yeah, I bought her originally because she is in the bloodline of the dogs I raised in the 80s and 90s but now that I have looked into her Pedigree she has Champions everywhere. For the first 6-months we will do the pampering and bonding stuff, then she heads off to obedience boot-camp for 3-months. After that we will start her on some retrieving with tethered pigeons and have fun in the field for 3-months followed by 3-months back at boot-camp for hunting skills. I want her to be a happy member of the family first then we will move to the hunting stuff.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Yeah, I bought her originally because she is in the bloodline of the dogs I raised in the 80s and 90s but now that I have looked into her Pedigree she has Champions everywhere. For the first 6-months we will do the pampering and bonding stuff, then she heads off to obedience boot-camp for 3-months.

Mark
                              I wonder if they would make a 2-for-1 deal. Do they take people? I know I have had Rick for more than 6 months, but I hear this boot camp is top notch. I would be sad while he is gone for 3 months, but if he comes back obedient it will be well worth it.
                              Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 08-08-2009, 02:21 PM. Reason: Whatever!
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I wonder if they would make a 2-for-1 deal. Do they take people? I know I have had Rick for more than 6 months, but I hear this boot camp is top notch. I would be sad while he is gone for 3 months, but if he comes back obedient it will be well worth it.
                                Yes but he must be potty trained before he leaves for camp.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X