X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess how many......

.................................................. .................................................. .....................................cylinders.

i like many things in life.

one of my likes is flight.

this is a cut-away picture of a radial engine.

this is by far, one of the biggest radials i've ever seen.

hey drain guys, imagine this hooked up to a pump.

Vince
    Attached Files

Re: Guess how many......

Vince,

That must be a pretty modern "radial". It's more like an in-line radial. I've never seen one of those before. Who makes it? (Or should I say, who makes that particular one?)

Also nice photo of an ill-fated B-24.

I'm also an aviation fan... mostly WWII stuff. I used to go up to the Geneseo War Birds show every fall (here in NY). The Friday before the air show was always the best day for me, because that's when you could actually walk around, talk to the ground crews, pilots, and see the aircraft up close.

I haven't been there in a few years now, because they transferred the museum down here to the Elmira Regional Airport where it's been ruined (IMO). They've wasted ton's of money, brought in jets and managed to practically bankrupt itself to the point where they had to sell their B-17. Such a pity!

But at the last show that I went to in Geneseo, they flew a Lancaster down from Canada. It was the highlight of the show, as those are pretty rare here in N. America.

CWS

Comment

CW, to be honest with you i don't know who made this engine. there wasn't any info about it. i just know i really really likes it.

i see some amazing things with my little computer.

i'm kinda like a kid with a new toy because this is the first chance in my life that i've been able to "surf".

here's more for you to enjoy.

Vince
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
        close. you have to use your imagination.

see what can't be seen.

Vince

Comment

Hard to do with my head up my arse.
          I would think a guy could see better in the case of how Vince puts it.

Comment

O.K., I'll play.

yup. taaadaaa.

Comment

The clue was those three shiny black things on top behind that funny rimless wheel with the four silver spokes. I figured there must be three more on the bottom.
              i noticed the same thing. you'll notice that there's one on the bottom cut-away to reveal the inerds. i wonder what it is, a fuel-injector?

i also notice that they cut-away one bank of cylinders so we could see the crank shaft.

if you look close you can see a cut-away of a cylinder. there's a plastic cylinder in place.

Vince

Comment

There's one on display around the corner from me at the Air & Space Museum

Come to DC and check it out

Comment

Working...
                X