Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey DELCASE

what's that guitar in your avatar? a LP Junior or a Faded Studio/Standard

i'm jonesing for a Jr with P-90s to the point i'd almost commit a nasty deed for one well that or a P-90 SG

that and a V as well as a R-7 Gold Top/Dark Back, both with 'buckers

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: hey DELCASE

You like the SG's. I've never played one that I liked the sound of. They play ok, just seem a bit thin in the sound department. I feel the same way about the LP studio's. guess I'm just used to 50 lbs of white ash hanging from the big lump on my shoulder.
    sigpic

Comment

SGs RULE!! how can a 'bucker sound thin? solid mahogany body (think Gibsons version of a Tele ) with no cap is pure tonal joy. Angus, Carlos, Zappa plus countless others did/do a killer job on a SG. the only time any of my 9 SGs ever sounded weak was through a SS amp

Studios are a very low end LP and just, IMHO, a step above an Epi

now my Tele (ash body based on a '50s model) just freaking rocks with my Reinhardt 18W (marshall 1974XX clone). my alder Strat is the weakest of my axes. but i think it's as much PUPs as anything.

if i could ONLY have 2 guitars it would be a SG and a Tele. the SG with P-90s and the tele with "original" single coils.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Well i got a gibson L6S 1975 mod ..it was some of my sons friends band.
        I did have a few that nite of the pic ,,I thought it was a les paul..
        It sounded Great, or maybe it was the beer .
        had a lot of fun any how

Comment

You got me thinking ..they had a few guitars ,,the les paul and a SG
          when i look at the pic .. I cant say for sure
          But it was a good time

Comment

Maybe just me and the way I play. I't like my ongoing love for Gretch country gentleman. Lots of guys can get amazing sound out of it, all I get is feedback

I have a 68 Tele that is dead stock, plays and sounds great, a 58 Strat, plays like crap, sounds like crap but it's worth bocu bucks so I hang on to it. A 76 Strat that I play every day and a 70's gold top that I play pretty often though if I play sitting down it makes my leg go numb.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X