Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was you first experience shooting a gun?

i don't really think about my first time.

can't remember.

born with a gun in my hand.

Vince

Re: What was you first experience shooting a gun?

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
    i don't really think about my first time.

can't remember.

born with a gun in my hand.

Vince
    Went with 5-6 friends after school and rented some .22's at a range near my apartment. I have one down the block from me now that I hear on Weekends during hunting season, but they don't rent guns and my wife doesn't want me to keep mine in our house.

Comment

I was in Boy Scouts at Camp Yawgoog in Rhode Island

http://www.yawgoog.com/

It was a small 22 riffle I think
      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

It was about 2:00 AM and I heard this noise downstairs...............
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Red Ryder style bb gun when I was a kid. I used to go through 500 bbs in 2 weeks.

Comment

Dad took me to his hunting lodge when I was 10. We were out back with 8 of his best friends. He hands me his prize possession. A hand carved Ithica 10 gauge with an over/under barrel. Gawd that thing was heavy.

I missed the all bottles 40 feet away using buckshot. I can still see the disappointment in his face. Ended up with a bruise on my cheek from the kickback.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Red Ryder style bb gun when I was a kid. I used to go through 500 bbs in 2 weeks.
              That is the nice thing about a .22, the ammo is only like $5-6 for 100. My shotgun costs like $3/round.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                Went with 5-6 friends after school and rented some .22's at a range near my apartment. I have one down the block from me now that I hear on Weekends during hunting season, but they don't rent guns and my wife doesn't want me to keep mine in our house.
                Let me know, I shoot trap every sunday down in mt. pleasant, I even have a shotgun you can borrow if need be

Comment

My first time was an m16 when I joined the army at 19. Never had the opportunity before then. Loved it. It is the only good memory I have from being in the army.

A couple weeks later I got to throw two live grenades, that was intense.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

My parents were pretty much anti-guns so when I was 16 I paid an older friend some money and got his 22 out of pawn. Seems I've been buying guns ever since then.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Can't remember when I first shot one, but I bought my first gun when I was thirteen. Single shot Remington 22 -$9.50. I still have it.

Comment

bb guns when younger, freind's p.o.s. taurus 9 mil at a range (Don's Guns, in Indianpolis if anyone is there, completely hilarious chain of rip off joints). That taught me not to buy one of those as the thing misfired constantly. Buddy's 30-06 at the junk dump spot... we had a bunch of nitro soaked towels from packs of blasting stuff, and were trying to get them to go off by shooting them... no go. Gave up and wrapped them around caps and they blowed up real good then. Blew some old appliances up nice.

I'm not really a gun guy; I can remember several times in my life where if I'd had one I'd be dead or in prison now. Better just to not have one for me.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Jeez it was so long ago I can't remember. I'm sure it was a 22. I don't have the time for IPSC shooting right now, I sure miss that.

Comment

It was an old Mauser rifle....had a hell of a kick for a 12 yr old kid.

Comment

I was never into shooting and guns and such, but I had to because I was born and raised in a communist country. We had what was called "defense education" and it was quite real

Until the age of about 14 we were taught how to dock and where to hide in case you fellas drop an A-Bomb on us, but later, when we could carry a gun, they taught us how to shoot back - with KBKAK (aka AK-47). Every high school had an armory, and with live ammunition too.

Military education was compulsory on all levels of education The 4th year of college one full day a week was war games. Men were taught how to kill, women were taught how to nurse the injured.

The last gun I shot was a 125mm 2A46M smoothbore gun, the main gun of T72 soviet tank.
                              In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
                              X