X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What I did over summer Vacation

Thanks, this is the entry pipe for the ramrod for the second rifle pictured...

I don' really have much interest in any firearms made after about 1896 or so and really appreciate those made in this country around the time of the revolution, I own some later firearms and work on my own, but the liabilities are far to great with someone elses.

Thanks again for the kind words, I will try and find some more of my pics from past projects.

Funny thing is, I met the guy that taught me engraving while doing a service call for his neighbor...
    sigpic
    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

What a gifted talent. AMAZING

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post

Or This...

That is some awesome work. I'm a gun builder myself I bought my 1st blank about 15 or16 years ago. It looked a lot like the 2nd picture from the bottom. After all this time it still looks like the 2nd picture from the bottom. I made a few mistakes, mostly telling my closer friends I was going to build a flint lock. They still see the blank in the garage and comment on my fine Amish gun making skills and my attention to detail. Of course they ask if they can shoot it or they tell me how it's such a fine work of art they are affraid to touch it. I hope your friends treat you better then mine do.

It would be hilarious to take a rifle as fine as yours and set it in the same place in my garage just to see one of them sh-- down there leg thinking I built something so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          At first glance I was impressed with the detail and beauty of the gun, thinking this man is a collector of fine things. Upon reading and seeing some of your assembly pictures I started to imagine the time and effort you dedicated to this "hobby" in order to reach such an impressive final product. Thanks for the pictures and inspiration for what a man can achieve when he does not spend his spare time hypnotized in front of the boob tube.
          This is exactly right, turned that thing off 15 years ago.

I do have to get away from it every now and again as the work is demanding, this last break was forced upon me by the business but I am chompin at the bit to get back at it.

I have one completed except for the carving , engraving, and finish and another that I took half the money up front, but the only thing completed on the second one is I have breeched it.

I am headed up to a trade show in March to pick up a barrel and blank that I had the barrel inletted a year ago and drop off one that needs the same work done that I will pick up in May, these are both for me.

Again Thanks for the interest.
          sigpic
          www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

That is truly some beautiful work! I love the look of the old flintlocks. They can be tremendous shooters, too, if they're done right. Looks like yours are done right!

There's a place nearby that sells the kits. I've been thinking about getting into it, but with my business and volunteer work in the town I just don't have time to devote to something that requires that much attention. Some day....some day....and your work will be an inspiration. Thanks for posting!
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I built my user back in the early 80s. Shoots great but don't look anything like yours.
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
              X