X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did over summer Vacation

This is my other time consuming habit...

sigpic
    www.uandiplumbing.com

Re: What I did over summer Vacation

Thats a beautiful firearm

Too nice to shoot with.

I hope you have two.

One for shooting, one to look pretty.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

wonderful craftsmanship good job! You need to call up mikes plumbing to make you up a nice possibles bag to go along with it!

Comment

They taint much good if'n you wont take em out an get um durty.

This is another one...

sigpic
        www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

exquisite I love the figuring on that maple!! And the craving looks so crisp and precise great work

Comment

Do actually carve these? Or do you restore old guns?

If you're carving them, then you're in the wrong line of work (plumbing)!

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Another project I completed...

sigpic
              www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, this is my hobby...

I did this before I had to go back into business for myself, unfortunately I don't have the time to work steady at this as the business takes all of my concentration at this point, I do all of the work you see as well as the carving and engraving. It is a great stress reliever for me.

Typically They start out like this...

Or This...

sigpic
                www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Beautifull work.
                  The true meaning of being an artisan.

Comment

I am absolutly floored by the craftsmanship there. The brass and inlay work, the carving the soft finish...flawless. What a joy they must be to handle. You are a true master.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks again guys,
                      they are a joy to handle and are surprisingly quick to shoulder.

It'll be nice to have my business up and running itself again so I can get back to the building, this is how I figured to retire, wish the economy would cooperate

As far as making a living, kinda tough when you average 200 hours on each rifle, the top one brought $1300.00 and was a steel at that.
                      sigpic
                      www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

At first glance I was impressed with the detail and beauty of the gun, thinking this man is a collector of fine things. Upon reading and seeing some of your assembly pictures I started to imagine the time and effort you dedicated to this "hobby" in order to reach such an impressive final product. Thanks for the pictures and inspiration for what a man can achieve when he does not spend his spare time hypnotized in front of the boob tube.

Comment

Have you considered carving and finishing modern sporting rifles?
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn, I thought I accomplished something when I cleaned out my sheds and got the lawn mowed.

That is some AMAZING work! Please post some more pics if you have some.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Those guns are spectacular. The attention to detail is phenomenal. Your passion for your hobby is obvious.

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              Have you considered carving and finishing modern sporting rifles?
                              One of my now dead pals, a house building contractor, suffered an accident that left him paralized from the hips down. Confined to a wheelchair, he started wood carving as a hobby. Someone asked him to carve a design in a gun stock. Word got around about the quality of his carvings and pretty soon requests for his gun stock carving came in from all over the US. He could checker and carve scenes in a stock in 5-6 hours for a minimum of $700.00.

He told me the secret to his carving is not so much the carving itself but the ability to fix mistakes so that they look as though they are part of the work.

Anyone looking to make extra money might want to go out back, pick up a few branches and pull your jack knife out of your pocket.
                              Last edited by Tom W; 02-22-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X