X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patroling The Texas Border... Virtually

All Things Considered, February 23, 2009 · In a controversial program aimed at enhancing border security, Texas sheriffs have erected a series of surveillance cameras along the Rio Grande and connected them to the Internet.

Click to read the full article.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=101050132
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Patroling The Texas Border... Virtually

The money would have been better spent on Claymore mines.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      In a controversial program aimed at enhancing border security, Texas sheriffs have erected a series of surveillance cameras along the Rio Grande and connected them to the Internet.
      It's been always bewildering to me what is so controversial about a country patrolling its borders by whatever means it decides too. Without secure borders all those security checks at the airports are a farce.

To me there is nothing controversial about the web cams. After all, it is the American taxpayer who will pay for the consequences of illegal border crossing. IMO the American tax payer has the right to know how s/he is screwed and how his tax dollars are wasted.
      Last edited by darius; 02-24-2009, 02:08 AM.
      In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

We have to plug up the leaks in our security and economy. Send in the national guard or the army, issue rubber bullets if you want to be humane but stop the flow of illegals. Offer some fast track to citizenship for those here with the penalty for refusal being permanent deportation, but do something!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Send in the national guard or the army, issue rubber bullets if you want to be humane but stop the flow of illegals.
          Rubber Bullets? How about using "Yea Olde Auss Blaster" and good old rock salt? Send them running for home howling.

Only when they FEAR us and what we WILL do will there be changes.

Remember that I didn't say "Shoot Them Dead". I said that they must fear us and what we will do.

As for it just being Hispanics, that's just wrong. It's all people from everywhere including born here in the USA. Human trash is just that... trash ... Trash needs to become LONG GONE.

OK OK ... Woussko trash needs to be LONG GONE too.

Comment

Working...
          X