Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sprinter update

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Dunbar, that was a wicked video. Joey, do not watch!

I missed the real shocker of the accident the first time I watched it.

J.C.

You know....you have to watch it where it shows the momentum of that truck that just causes the whole back end to swing around. Then it's over with as fast as it happened.

Unbelievable that the whiplash shoots the guy up and out of that vehicle in the way he's being tossed around inside it.

I've seen many wrecks on the internet, but that one stuck out in how odd it injured, or possibly killed the driver.

The guy was flopped around pretty bad.

The only thing that brought that truck around so quick was weight.

BOTTOM LINE, That was on a fairly straight road when you look at the end of the clip when they pull the truck back over.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 03-04-2009, 08:37 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I wonder if it has rear discs? Seems like you could better straightline stopping if it did.

And I'm sure you noticed the sparks over at the left where it hit the power pole.

J.C.

Comment

Besides price, the main detraction that kept me from buying a sprinter, was the height...I would be scraping tree branches in driveways all the time driving one of those. And they are notorious for rollover. Not a good vehicle to be driving on the curvy mountain roads where I work.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I got it to play

Try clicking on the web site address above the box. Then it played for me. Clicking the tab doesn't work.

Comment

I had to look JC after you told me not to

The Sprinters actually have a pretty good safety record. All the FedEx guys drive them out here. They were Dodge's biggest account.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

woussko, the truck came with a deep cycle battery just for anything you want to hook up to it. the only thing that was factory connected was a 12 volt power outlet at the drivers seat mount.

the truck also has a 220 amp alternator with a switching relay to automatically charge and connect to the alternator when the truck is running.

no need for any extras batteries or chargers.

dunbar, how do you find this stuff/ video.

believe it or not there are 5 different computerized safety systems in the truck to prevent roll overs.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                woussko, the truck came with a deep cycle battery just for anything you want to hook up to it. the only thing that was factory connected was a 12 volt power outlet at the drivers seat mount.

the truck also has a 220 amp alternator with a switching relay to automatically charge and connect to the alternator when the truck is running.

no need for any extras batteries or chargers.

dunbar, how do you find this stuff/ video.

believe it or not there are 5 different computerized safety systems in the truck to prevent roll overs.

rick.

SouthWestern Eggroll forum I belong to.

Don't Laugh; we be tight n s**t.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Well Rick did you ever get the rest of this done? Any more pictures ? I am looking at vans nissan NV and sprinters . I have a customer that works at a Mercedes dealership in Bowie and started to ask me about my chevy 3500 as soon as I pulled up about mpg and the fact that I have no roof he claims it is more than Nissan but will even out with the difference in mpg . I do ALOT of highway driving 10 mpg does not help things and not having much space I end up making extra trips . But what can you expect for maintenance cost? What size did you go with? and why not have your pipe rack on the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                    Well Rick did you ever get the rest of this done? Any more pictures ? I am looking at vans nissan NV and sprinters . I have a customer that works at a Mercedes dealership in Bowie and started to ask me about my chevy 3500 as soon as I pulled up about mpg and the fact that I have no roof he claims it is more than Nissan but will even out with the difference in mpg . I do ALOT of highway driving 10 mpg does not help things and not having much space I end up making extra trips . But what can you expect for maintenance cost? What size did you go with? and why not have your pipe rack on the roof?
                    Buddy of mine works for a large heating and AC business with a fleet of sprinters the owner hates them! Repair bills are insane break down often.
                    I had a chance to talk with my friends boss and asked him what he thought of them he had nothing nice to say. He has 17 sprinters in his fleet
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Wow ! I wonder if this is the same for everybody up there .

Comment

Wow ! I wonder if this is the same for everybody up there .
                        I don't know could be. He had nothing nice to say about them. I figured he was the right guy to ask because he owns so many unlike most who have only one. I like the idea of more head room and storage but the repair bills and if I could buy one it would have to be used. No thanks wonder how the new Nissan will be?
                        Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

1 thing to consider though new or used they still sell for a good bit of money . and if they are that bad which I still don't know because I don't own 1 why aren't these business owners selling these and find something else . there has to be something about them that makes sensee for them to keep them ?

Comment

1 thing to consider though new or used they still sell for a good bit of money . and if they are that bad which I still don't know because I don't own 1 why aren't these business owners selling these and find something else . there has to be something about them that makes sensee for them to keep them ?
                            My guess trade in being upside down would lose his shirt at trade in Might get stuck paying more He told me he bought them when fuel was at $4.00 a gallon back in 2005 thought they would save on fuel costs but repair bills more than eat their fuel savings.
                            Rod

Comment

so far so good 1 recall for egr and 1 sensor on the egr. both warranty issues.

15,000 miles in just over 2 years.

i carry 10' copper inside a 4'' tube. roof rack is too high and the little giant folds up inside. when i need 20'-21' pipe, i install my 3 swivel arms and drive it to the job.

i saw the nissan last month at the trade show. very similar to the sprinter and less money with a gas engine. i would defiantly look at the nissan if i were buying again.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

What advantages besides price do you see in the Nissan?mpg is not as high as sprinter.

Comment

Working...
                                X