-59 with the wind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -59 with the wind

i think i figured out why my skin is peeling.

Vince

it's coming your way.

Re: -59 with the wind

Vince, life around you I bet is never dull,

around here winter cold drys out ones skin, may be some type of lotion or seal oil/fats would help your skin some, I hope it is not painful, I know if one has there skin cracking it is not that much fun, do gloves help?

I do not know if it is available where you are since there is not may milk animals is my guess, but a product that will usually help ones skin is a product call "Bag balm" http://www.bagbalm.com/index.htm

http://www.google.com/products?sourc...N&hl=en&tab=wf

it is originally for treating teats and udders of milking animals, I have one goat right now that has kids and her teats are chapped and ragged, I will treat with this and by morning she will be nearly normal, but it is googy and greasy but it will soften ones hands in jsut Min's, (also works wonders on chapped teats if you would have that problem Vince, but at -59 below one never knows, LOL)

Dr. Naylor Udder Balm is a good second, but is is not as good as Bag balm, IMO http://www.google.com/products?num=1...-8&sa=N&tab=wf
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

They're peeling because it's TOO DARN COLD TO BE OUT!!!!! I don't know how you do it. I've heard that Innuit (?sp) are more adapted to cold weather, and that is probably true. Still...that's just freakin COLD!

I use a shea butter balm for my hands during the winter. The combination of cold, dry, windy weather wrecks my skin. I like the Bert's Bees hand lotion best, but there's lots of shea butter lotions around. PM me and I'll see about sending you some if you don't have any around there.

Good luck, stay warm and PLEASE wear all your bundle-up clothes!!!
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Funny, I heard STXRUS conplaining about the same exact thing last week!

Comment

we're known as a cold desert up here. we don't get alot in the way of precipitation.

the peeling skin is not that bad.

when i make a statement followed with this smiley face , don't take me too seriously.

i will mention though, sometimes it's so dry up here the cracks on my hands bleed a little.

we have a drug store up here that can get pretty much anything we need.

i have heard of utter/teet lotion used for cows and heard it really good stuff.

the only thing that works good for me is "glysomed". it's a german product made for "blistex". glycerine,silicone, and chamomile.

i do appreciate the offers though.

Vince

Comment

the best stuff i found for my dry cracking fingers and my feet is Rex Eme 1800 866 3538
            by Brun labs grand rapids, mi 49501

Comment

Working...
            X