X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanna' get rich???

Presidential address to Congress coming up in 5 minutes tonight.

J.C.

Comment

I say get the dead weight of our government off our backs. There is a program called the "Fair Tax" . You can google it if you like but essentially it stops income tax and payroll tax and replaces it with a consumption tax. The proponents say it will add 13 trillion to our bottom line. Corporations will come back from abroad. We have the second highest corporate tax rate.

No wonder all the jobs and money are leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
        I say get the dead weight of our government off our backs. There is a program called the "Fair Tax" . You can google it if you like but essentially it stops income tax and payroll tax and replaces it with a consumption tax. The proponents say it will add 13 trillion to our bottom line. Corporations will come back from abroad. We have the second highest corporate tax rate.

No wonder all the jobs and money are leaving.
        Leaving? They're already gone, they've been gone! Slave wages, slave labor working conditions, no OSHA, no EPA. Tax savings won't bring them back, it will take ultimatums from the government such as the ones foreign governments impose on USA exporters to their countries. If you want to sell to the American consumer, make your goods in the USA.

Comment

"No wonder all the jobs and money are leaving."

All the jobs are leaving due to, in large part N.A.F.T.A. backed by Republican and Democrat presidents.

It's cheaper for a US owned co to produce goods in country's that have no regard for the worker, the environment, or end product. I would call for a boycott of all these companies but I would have to run into the woods and live off the land in order to do that.

What do we even export now? I think for the most part just food.
          So why doesn't the government just say, screw NAFTA and place some huge tariffs on imports?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

In the majority of cases you'll find that people in all situations either do not care or will not address things unless it is affecting them.

J.C.

Comment

This thread isn't complete until darius comes in and pisses off the masses.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                This thread isn't complete until darius comes in and pisses off the masses.
                Sweet.

J.C.

Comment

I'm done. The wizard of oz is talking another good speech but dorothy and her pals are no closer to real answers to their problems and neither are we. Hugs, kisses, handshakes and applause, what about some action?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Presidential address to Congress coming up in 5 minutes tonight.

J.C.
                    Why is it he likes to blame the rich so much for the countries economic problems and Congress applauds this? Are they ALL not the rich?
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Right, and pelosi applauded when he said no more private jets for the CEO's. Bunch of hypocrits.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Right, and pelosi applauded when he said no more private jets for the CEO's. Bunch of hypocrits.
                        The first thing she did after getting into power is demand a bigger jet.

On top of the largest spending bill in history, they just introduced another $480 billion spending bill in the house today. Right after Obama has promised to cut the deficit.

Reminds me of the Princess Bride: "I don't think that word means what you think it means."

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                          Why is it he likes to blame the rich so much for the countries economic problems and Congress applauds this? Are they ALL not the rich?
                          See post 20.

J.C.

Comment

We wont know if it will work or not for some time.

What if we do nothing and we fail anyway? Then people will ask why we didnt do anything.

Who knows?

On the Bush / Obama issue - I will tread lightly here, thank you.

As I understand it, republicans want tax cuts for the wealthy, believing that the rich will create jobs with that money. The problem is that its been like that for eight years and what has happened is the rich got richer with that money and instead of creating jobs, gave themselves $1,000,000 and up bonuses. This is the flawed system that needed changing. This is what Americans voted for.

Will the democrats make it worse or better by putting more money in the middle classes pocket? We will find out one way or the other.

If the republicans had the solution to this problem, the should have mentioned it while they were in office for the last eight years.

As I understand the impact the current stimulus package will have on me personally. I still have more reading to do on this. Excuse the fuzzy facts.

My wife and I will enjoy a $8000.00 tax cut and a lower interest rate when we buy our first house before dec 09.

We also will enjoy a little extra on our paycheck. I read something about it being like $10 (approx) per paycheck. Thats $520 (approx) extra per year.

Good Luck to us all.

I reluctantly press Submit Reply.
                            Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 02-24-2009, 11:00 PM.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I had to stop watching Obamas address to congress. I found myself yelling at the TV. Do people just listen to what he is saying and accept it with out thinking? Do they not see all the double talk?

They do realize, deep down in their hearts, he is just a typical politician right?

Comment

Gene, I was on the phone talking with a buddy of mine & the thing about this address is they always stand, clap, & kiss whoever is in office's azz to whatever they say.

Almost need to get rid this address altogether. Past it's time.

Makes me disrespect Congress.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X